Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best colored light to use to walk into the stand red or green or another color

Larry

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I've used red, green, white led, white bulb............nothing seems to be any better or any worse for getting to and from the stand and spooking or not spooking deer etc.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Red is much better than green. Red won't cause your pupils to constrict and result in "night vision loss". Deer can see green like the woods is on fire, but can't actually see red.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Doc said:
Red is much better than green. Red won't cause your pupils to constrict and result in "night vision loss". Deer can see green like the woods is on fire, but can't actually see red.
I used a green LED pen light and never had a problem with deer getting spooked. But this year its Red for me, im a gadget guy new stuff is always more exciting.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I think RED has pretty much been proven by predator hunters to be the lesser seen light by animals. Personally though, I prefer the Green Stylus to guide me to my stands. Companies claim they choose green because it reduces the night blindness effect when you shut the light off and based on my own experience using the Stylus for the last couple seasons, I totally agree.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replys guys

I think im going to have to try eachone to see what does best because everyone is saying good about both colors

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I got a green Streamlight headlamp... Havent had to use it around game much yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts