Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Been using the pine lotion from bust a buck lately since its been warm here and have had good luck with it. I've never been a scent person but this stuff seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
489 Posts
you gotta get down wind or do some real good scent control. i wouldnt use cover scent from my experience cover scents have stopped deer in thier tracks and they went around my area. this is only from my experience though. i try to be as scent free as i can and i have deer come in down wind of me all the time.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Make sure the wind is in your face. If they come in downwind there isn't much you can do.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Are they smeeling your entry/exit trail or actually downwind smelling YOU in the tree ?!?

If it's YOU..... there is absolutely nothing you can do.... don't buy into any advertising that claims other wise. However, if you're just talking about entry trail scent.... you MUST wear rubber boots and they MUST be stored in a scent free tote when you are not in the woods. This means they must NEVER be worn in the truck, at home.... nowhere else. With great attention to detail like this... I've found that with just scent eliminator or come '**** urine.... I've had deer consistently not seem to notice my trails. Of course one must also go to pains to make sure that articles of clothing like sleeves don't scrape up against taller brush and grass as well. Don't ever underestimate a deers' sense of smell. Never bet against 'em! LOL!

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
Deer Dander

1 - 6 of 6 Posts