Archery Talk Forum banner

what's the best hoyt

543 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  millerw289
Ok you hoyt freaks, lets hear it. Which one of hoyts bows is the best? I'm talking about the ones that can get an arrow going @ 300fps. Smoothest, most accurate one.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Katera XL...takes some work to get it perfect...but once its there it will be the most forgiving 320 plus bow you have ever held.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I'm talking about the ones that can get an arrow going @ 300fps. Smoothest, most accurate one.
Heck, all Hoyts in the last several years can get most shooters to 300fps. My ProTecs (slowest in the lineup) with Spirals can reach that speed at 28" DL if you know what you're doing. I can get almost 290 from regular cam and half, too.

So take your pick! :lol:

· Registered
653 Posts
alphamax

· Registered
5,172 Posts
Ok you hoyt freaks, lets hear it. Which one of hoyts bows is the best? I'm talking about the ones that can get an arrow going @ 300fps. Smoothest, most accurate one.
The Alpha Max is the only Hoyt I have ever owned, never liked them much before the release of the AM. The bow is fast, light, easy to pull, smooth and easy to shoot. The first bow that made me leave Mathews.

· Registered
5,150 Posts
I have had the following Hoyts and the AM32 is my favorite. I will list them in order of how I liked them. JMO

1. 09 AM32
2. 07 Vectrix
3. 06 Trykon
4. 05 V-Tec
5. 08 Katera

· Registered
867 Posts
This topic has been done to death, but I still can't resist. Gotta love the UltraTecs and Protecs. Two of the most underrated were the Razortec and the XTec. Both were extremely quick for their time.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
any of the Vantages, are MY favorites.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.