Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade the sight on my outlaw... looking for some opinions. # of fibers prefered would be no less than 4. Would like a little explaination as why you think it's best, instead of just droping a name. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Axcel Armortech seems to be the brightest i have seen after you turn on the light. I've had spot hogg, montana black gold, axcel and tru glo. All with lights and the axcel wins everytime. The montana black gold comes in last, I dont know if it's the photo chromatic cover it has but you mount the light to the top of it and when you turn the light on the pins get a little bit brighter but not alot. The spot hogg is pretty good and the tru glo is also pretty nice but there stuff just seems cheaply made to me.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
i agree that for a lighted sight the armortechs are quite nice...really any sight that the light is internal(meaning you cant see the actual light on) is really nice...on that the only benefit of the light on is the pins brighten up is a big plus...lots of lights shine on the actual pins, which makes it even harder for me to shoot since it drowns out behindn the pins...but theres a few that the light is kind of enclosed around just the extra fibers and it works out real nice...the armortech was my favorite of this type of sight tho

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I've got a pair of spot hogg hunters, 5 pin with the pin configured .019 for the first three and the last two are .010,
They are both wrapped and the only time I've ever needed to turn the light on is in a blind, if I'm outside the pins are brighter then required until long after dark. lifetime warranty, built like a tank and excellent costumer service, what more could you ask for.

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
I like my G5 XR. The floating pin is great for long range shooting/practice without cluttering the sight picture with a bunch of pins. The light is fully contained and shines directly into the back end of the fibers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. The spot hog and g5 had caught my eye. I hadn't looked to much at the armortechs but will now for sure. And yea not looking to be so bright that it drowns out background, but just enough to help in those early morning late afternoons in a blind. Construction quality/ability to handle rugged trips to the blind/stand is probably #1 priority.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts