Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need to buy a new target when I am home next month. I currently live in Hawaii but am going home to KY to bow hunt and I figured I would buy a new target while I'm home since we really don't have any archery shops or Bass Pro shops out here. The two little hole in the wall archery shops on island would charge me an arm for a target anyway. I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on a decently priced "block style" target. I need it to be somewhat portable so nothing too big. I would also like very durable with different types of targets i.e. bullseye, vitals, etc. So what you got for me fellas?

2008 Diamond Stud #70 28.5" Mossy Oak
Truglo Apex 4 pin
AAE Hawkeye
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350, switching to Victory Vforce soon

·
Ice Cold
11,786 Posts
Rinehart 18-1. Only has circles but it will last a very long time. Or get a rinoblock, a little bigger and heavier.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Rinehart 18-1 is pretty good. Smaller than a lot of other targets but it sure takes a pounding.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Look at the block brand. I gave 99$ for mine 2 years ago and its still got plenty more shots left in it. The 18 in is very portable as well.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I've been shooting the rhinoblock for a couple years now and it's holding up great. Broad heads mess it up, but it has a replaceable insert.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Get on amazon and order a Block target. I got an 18 X 18x12 one for 81 bucks shipped to my door as amazon has free shipping. You can't beat getting archery supplies from amazon with their free shipping

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amazon is an idea I haven't considered. I guess sometimes I just like to put my hands on things I buy first, know what I mean? And to Hawaii the shipping might not be free. I will check out the Rhino 18-1 the rinoblock, and the Block. If I get it desperate I will try to homemade idea. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts