Archery Talk Forum banner

What's the best type of fletching???

951 Views 17 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Limey
I need some help guys. I'm about to refletch some arrows and cannot decide how to fletch them. I'm going to be shooting rage mechanicals and fixed 3 blades out to 60 yards. I'm thinking 4" vanes with a slight right helical, but I'm not really sure. I have never tested different fletches so any input from you would be great. Thanks.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Right helical feathers. Nothing works better or are easier to get good arrow flight with. 5" feathers are lighter than most 2" vanes, too. :mg: And how could ANY small vane even begin to compare to the control of a 4 or 5 inch feather? Simple. They can't. ;)

I'll never refletch with vanes again. Well, at least not until I see a bird with plastic feathers! :lol:

· Registered
1,517 Posts
for vanes I like the Quik Spin ST 3", they really get the arrow rotating and help drive the fixed broadheads.

Feathers are great for forgiveness and rest contact, but can be sensitive to weather and not for the Whisker biscuit

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Another vote for 4" feathers

· Registered
10,560 Posts
I favor the Quick Spin Speed Hunters 2" and one of the new vanes out is the Duravane Fusion just over 2" and is said to be one of the best out there and very easy fletch and they sick awesome with all differ. types of the glues. I like as much helical as I can get with all mine.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
I also primarily use 2" Blazers with a 3 degree right helical. But I have some shafts fletched with 5" feathers at a maximum helical offset. They are a little noisier in flight than the Blazers, but they shoot great.

· Registered
5,563 Posts
I used Flex Fletch for many years and always found them to work well and recover from target penetration.

For the last couple of years I used Blazers and Mini Blazers and have been very pleased with them.

I use Saunders NPV and it sticks all vanes I have used with no problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.