Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been brought up but I'm rather new to archery and bought a prime black 9 this past summer. All the bow reviews I watch on YouTube where people are comparing bows to give there opinions on which bows are the best talk alot about a bows vibration. Maybe it's just me being primarily a target shooter but the YouTube guys and alot of guys on here will almost dismiss a bow because they say it has too much "felt vibration". I would personally put more weight into accuracy or how steady a bow holds or grip or pretty much anything then vibration. Does anyone else feel the same as me? It's almost like people are talking about how well a car parks then how well a car drives

·
Full Time Novice
8,283 Posts
That’s where I am at. Idc as much it’s not my priority. Accuracy first when I look at a bow. But marketing has now shaped people into that

I can get a bow quiet or dead in the head if needed but it’s not my initial thought

Sent from my iPhone 14 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm sure this has been brought up but I'm rather new to archery and bought a prime black 9 this past summer. All the bow reviews I watch on YouTube where people are comparing bows to give there opinions on which bows are the best talk alot about a bows vibration. Maybe it's just me being primarily a target shooter but the YouTube guys and alot of guys on here will almost dismiss a bow because they say it has too much "felt vibration". I would personally put more weight into accuracy or how steady a bow holds or grip or pretty much anything then vibration. Does anyone else feel the same as me? It's almost like people are talking about how well a car parks then how well a car drives
I 100 percent agree. My ultraelite with xt3000 limbs practically jumps out of my hand but it puts them in the middle. I don't care at all about it unless components rattle loose.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Personally if a bow has a lot of vibration I don't enjoy shooting it. That's just one of my biggest pet peeves. Mathews bows have spoiled me over the years because most of them are pretty much dead. There's a lot of great bows out there that I won't own because of vibration. Say what ya want about me, I can't help it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
Vibration is wasted energy that did not go into the arrow, as well as heat and noise. Not going to slow you down much, noise could and does spook game. Some people consider themselves sensitive, I say shoot a heavy arrow. Accuracy is the most important thing to me, which is a combination of grip, draw length, back wall and tune. Some people call this combination how well a bow holds.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Me personally I like a little feedback in the grip. Not vibration or buzz but a little something to let me know the bow is alive. I dont like a dead fish handshake either.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
For me it is a huge no thanks due to elbow surgery in my bow arm. Vibration after the shot makes shooting much less enjoyable. With today's bows you really do not need to make many sacrifices in choosing one. Lots of good options.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Excessive vibration and lots of shooting makes arthritis flare up but even if it didn’t, I hate it. People despise different things but for me it’s feedback after the shot. I want a bow quiet and vibration free.

Some bows will tame down with a heavier arrow but take one that’s already quiet and vibe free, nock a heavy arrow, and put some cat whiskers on it and then you have something.

·
Vendor
11,101 Posts
Last thing i would even think about. Nothing out there today is even remotely vibrating bad. Silly sales pitch to me.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Here’s my theory. The lack of vibration helps prevent people from bracing for impact, which can lead to hand torque and even target panic. It’s also easier on the joints, and just a solid feel. And if you’re choosing between two similar performing bows and one feels like nothing being fired, the other feels like a tuning fork, you’d pick the former. So it’s become a selling point for bows

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,227 Posts
Haters gonna hate, hate, hate......

Every bare bow I have shot has vibrated. By the time y0u get accessories on them they calm down and you almost have to concentrate to feel it. The old Hoyt shoot through risers are the exception. They shot great but the vibe was always there.

·
(aka lug nut)
51,750 Posts
I 100 percent agree. My ultraelite with xt3000 limbs practically jumps out of my hand but it puts them in the middle. I don't care at all about it unless components rattle loose.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
Bow jumping out of your hand, is not "vibration".
Bow can jump out of your hand, and have no "vibration"....rattling like a tuning fork.
Bow can have zero jump out of your hand (past parallel), and have no vibration....no buzzing like a tuning fork.
Bow can have zero forwards jump (past parallel), and can rattle/BUZZ, vibrate like a tuning fork. Literally.

7000 series aluminum alloy has a higher natural frequency than 6010 series aluminum alloy.
There are ways to design a compound bow, using 7000 series aluminum alloy, so the bow grip does not vibrate like a tuning fork.

·
(aka lug nut)
51,750 Posts
Bow accuracy has MUCH more to do with shooter's form, and whether the bow draw length FITS the shooter's body.
How well a bow holds steady has EVERYTHING to do with how well the bow fits the shooter, and full draw posture.
Bow grip angle, 17 degrees or 23 degrees, has everything to do with shooter preference.

Bow vibration can come for SUPER LOUSY, tuning job, meaning the cam SYNC (timing) is no where near close to correct.

A 7000 series aluminum alloy bow will have MORE tendency to BUZZ like a tuning fork, than a 6010 series aluminum alloy bow. There are design considerations to kill the TUNING fork vibration, after the arrow is fired. SIMPLE design modifications to the prototype bow. You have not fired a bow that buzzes like a TUNING FORK, if you are rather new to archery, and have never experienced a prototype bow that buzzes like a Tuning Fork.

Bows that have completed the design process, made it from prototype to final production model, will not have tuning fork levels of BUZZ...vibration. How do I know? Cuz I worked on the prototype compound bow (company asked for my help), and made engineering recommendations to tweak the design, to fix the BUZZING like a tuning fork issue.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Haters gonna hate, hate, hate......

Every bare bow I have shot has vibrated. By the time y0u get accessories on them they calm down and you almost have to concentrate to feel it. The old Hoyt shoot through risers are the exception. They shot great but the vibe was always there.
Has absolutely nothing to do with hate. Maybe the vibration doesn't bother you like it does me and other people. Just because I don't like something doesn't make me a hater. I don't hate any of them. Just don't like a bow that I can feel the vibration. Maybe my hands are more sensitive than yours.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Pse levitate, hha max tournament, cbe stabilizers, hha rest
63 Posts
I’m with you on this one I’ve never shot a 12 ring with my bow and thought we’ll I need a new bow that vibration is to much. No bow comes out with vibration like that anymore. I’ve also never seen anyone at a 3D shoot just stand there after a shot bow still extended for 10 sec after to really feel it either.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts