Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the bow speed record is?

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
I generally don't give a rip about speed but you pose an interesting question!! I'd also like to know!! '94

·
Threat Level Midnight
846 Posts

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
I was told Kevin has it as well not sure what it was

·
Registered
169 Posts
says 139 pound draw weight, i want to shoot that a few times, maybe even for hunting. I guess when you design your own stuff you can build whatever you want...

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
I saw on the strother site he said he has got a bow to shoot over 600fps. Major poundage and I think a arrow he designed.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
He shot little metal vanes, like razor blades. I've always been impressed with that.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I set the World's Fastest bow record with a 180# bow shooting 588 fps.

Yes you have to draw the bow by hand with NO assistance.

My World Flight record was a 195# bow, shot a 132 grain arrow a distance of 1320 yards 1 ft and 3 inches. The fletchings are actual razor blades!!!

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
says 139 pound draw weight, i want to shoot that a few times, maybe even for hunting. I guess when you design your own stuff you can build whatever you want...
Have you ever seen Kevin? .. the cat works out.. Sure I could take him but he's no slouch ....:D

·
Threat Level Midnight
846 Posts

My World Flight record was a 195# bow, shot a 132 grain arrow a distance of 1320 yards 1 ft and 3 inches. The fletchings are actual razor blades!!!
WOW.......just wow.

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Mr. Strother I would like to know if this was an engineering problem you were working on or if you were curious if it could be done or if someone simply said no way.........Thank You

·
Registered
24,837 Posts

WOW. how strong was the bow you were shooting???? thats freakin crazy stuff right there.

BTW how fast was that puppy???

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

I bet that you can not beat that! I dare you, no I triple dog dare you

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Riser was made from steel, reinforced limbs, .250 diameter axles, double locked down limb bolts to hold limbs into the pocket.

Speed was over 640 fps.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Was told that the records couldn't be broke, so I thought "we shall see" the rest is history.

I like to push the limits of anything I do.

Thank You, you have always struck me as a person that says oh yeah watch this, and I mean that with respect. Keep pushing the limits beyond what we think is possible it can only benefit all of us Thank You.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
Riser was made from steel, reinforced limbs, .250 diameter axles, double locked down limb bolts to hold limbs into the pocket.

Speed was over 640 fps.
why wouldnt that be the speed record????

1 - 20 of 119 Posts