Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard Tennessee is pretty cheap....any others?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Tennessee.........

Tennessee is not cheap. It is one of the highest in the South. Kentucky is less expensive, as is Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and others. Tennesse does have a fairly large deer herd and a liberal bag limit (especially unit L). We have a ton of does, and the landscape makes for "Target Rich" bowhunting.

Keep'em Sharp.......................

·
Registered
201 Posts
ohio is the cheepest i know
NR hunting licenses-$125
special deer permit-$24each up to 3 deer in southern counties
urban deer permit-$15each up to 4 in select counties
total 7 deer

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
After hearing from friends who live in other states, it appears that Texas' fee for non residents to hunt deer period is pretty expensive. A NR license fee is $300.

TEXAS

·
Registered
375 Posts
Cheap huntin'

Out of state Ill. deer tags , over the counter, 81.00; you get 1 doe tag and you can buy additional tags for 15.00 until your money runs out or you kill what you want ; no limit on does; I go every year and kill 2 their does are huge; :darkbeer:

·
Registered
567 Posts
IL. is the cheapest by far. I am hunting there this year. Unlimited does. The freezer runneth over.:wink:

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Wyoming

by far is the best deal.
DOE TAG $29.00 UP TO 6
CONSEVATION STAMP $15.00
AND IF YOU WANT YOU COULD GET A DOE ANTELOPE TAG ALSO FOR $29.00:darkbeer:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bama does

Let's see now-- Alabama non-resident all game license $252.00. Season runs from 14 Oct-31 Jan.--110 days. Limit is two per day. That's 220 does per year. $252 Divided by 220 does = $1.15 per doe. Not bad--of course as a resident my cost is only $0.14 per doe, assuming of course I was crazy enough to try and kill two a day.SWEET HOME ALABAMA!--Bill

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
I hunt allabama each year and my 10 day nonres bow lic allows a buck and a doe per day I think the season lic for bow is 250.00 and it allows for a doe a day for the season

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
MO is pretty cheap all the way around for hunting, although I am working on my legislators to make it more expensive for NR!!!! I figure if folks around us are going to up their tags to the stratosphere MO should do the same!! '94

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ky?

Bob F said:
Check out Kentucky. The zone 1 counties have unlimted doe tages. This state also has some huge bucks, only allowed one per season! The season runs 4 1/2 mths.
http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/
What the sam!Ky has no deer and the lic. are outragously expensive.Tn is without question the place to go.You can even take TWO bucks there.(WOW) what a deal!:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 23 Posts