Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
I've been thinking about going back to one. I shot a kisser for years and shot great when using them..Ditched them years ago and honestly dont think I've shot as well since I stopped using them.

· Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
Using a kisser is a matter of personal preference. I find that the additional reference point is helpful in establishing a consistent anchor.

The only advice I can offer in the way of using a kisser is the big "buttons" are totally unnecessary. I presently use a crimp-on nockset as a kisser, but you can get away with just a few turns of serving thread or dental floss with a small bundle of knots.

The lips are very sensitive and will easily find a tiny kisser. The "button" is counterproductive because it adds weight and can be uncomfortable.

· Registered
243 Posts
I used a kisser button for a long time, on my new setup instead of a kisser button, I took some serving string and tied a large knot where my kisser normally was, I found that this works better for me, not as large as a kisser, but small enough that I can still feel it in the corner of my mouth.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.