Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been through 5 game cameras, 3 moultries, primos, and bushnell. All of them i've missed deer, got half the deer or got the butt end of the deer in video.. looking for a fast game camera! What's your thoughts?? Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
we have good luck with the captures by cuddeback, but a couple of the 3yr old ones are starting to have issues working.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i looked at the capture, are you using the ir or flash?
have you tried the new Attack?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The cuddebacks r very fast but like that other reply, their life span isn't very long and I having issues with customer support with them right now. I recently bought a moiltrie mini 80 and so far I love it. Buy, like I said, I just bought it a few weeks ago so I don't know how long it will last or how well they will stand behind em. Good luck with which ever one u buy

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I would stay away from the Cuddies. I have seen deer walk by the camera's and not even get a picture. Maybe the camera knew I was there and didn't need a picture. haha
Setting up those same cameras this year. In the test mode it was very difficult to get them to trigger.

Trying a Reconyx as we speak. Looking good some far, but man are they pricey.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
They are expensive but they are damn fast.......... Reconyx.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you pointing the camera down the trail? If not this helps give the camera time to get the shot.
yes i've tried to stay right off the top of the trail. I might be expecting to much! They have done great over corn, etc. Just lately I have missed a few good deer. One a good buck less than half of his rack in the shot! It was very close shot, like maybe a foot away! :angry:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are expensive but they are damn fast.......... Reconyx.
YES VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! RECONYX. Not looking to spend quite that much on a game camera!!!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Check chasingame.com, they thoroughly test game cameras and give excellent reviews including trigger times

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cuddebacks r very fast but like that other reply, their life span isn't very long and I having issues with customer support with them right now. I recently bought a moiltrie mini 80 and so far I love it. Buy, like I said, I just bought it a few weeks ago so I don't know how long it will last or how well they will stand behind em. Good luck with which ever one u buy
Have the moultire M-100. nice with the viewer but the pics at night are very fuzzy! Haven't tried the M-80. Looking at trying the Primos Blackout!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check chasingame.com, they thoroughly test game cameras and give excellent reviews including trigger times
Thanks! will do!! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Here's a M80 pic & night video for you. I love the video mode. The camera takes one still shot and then starts the video. This serves a two-fold purpose:

1. Picture gives info of when picture was taken
2. It captures whatever set the camera off even if it does not capture video of it (i.e. animal relatively fast in front of camera)

View attachment 1158543

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got a couple of Wildgame Innovations Micro Red 6 cameras and so far am loving them for the price. Fast trigger and good quality pictures. on sale right now at Bass Pro for 99.99

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts