Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yall have any tips that could provide me with a few extra points in my score? I see some guys at the range pin their target on another target...does this help any?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
fatter arrows for spots surely helps...for 3D, get good at judging distances. Doesnt matter how fast your bow is, if you cant judge distance, you will never see your scores get any better.
Start a shot routine that your comfortable with, and do it the same time, everytime.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Much like golf, treat each shot as it's own. Get your yardage down, deep breath,relax, then execute shot with proper form. If you make an error let it go. Don't carry negative to next shot or get pumped when you get on a roll. Both will cause mental breakdown and form/execution issues.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I set my pins at 20, 35 45 and 55, that kinda helped me...

·
Registered
49,537 Posts
Practice, practice then practice form some more!!!! Fatter arrows for line breaking, lower poundage to hold the target better, a very well tuned bow.
Doubling targets does nothing but make for a better looking hole and to keep you from tearing up your target. Myself I back mine with cardboard. Will it give you more points ---nope. But what it does do is makes it easier to read the point when it's boarder line and doesn't tear the target up too fast. Side benefit is if your using a block style target it seems to save the target a tad but slowing the the arrow a touch(penetration)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
You are likely to get better answers in the fita forum---or at least fewer about 3d and compounds. Fatique late in the round is a problem for many recurve shooters. Exercise, shoot 6 or 7 arrows per end when practicing 5-spot, and shoot as many good games as you can to build strength and stamina, and you will likely find more than just a few extra points.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Just a couple things I picked up last year for indoor. Many people fix their target each end so you push the paper back into place, then change out the target half way through. I shoot my targets bottom to top. Seems to help with shadows.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
write down your shot routine from picking the bow up to setting it back down after 1 shot. then video yourself doing this. i will bet your doing something differant than you think. sometimes we think we are doing everything the same way, but yet we are not.

practice is only good, if you practice the right way for you. as most say, better to shoot 25 arrows the same way, than to fling 75 and just think your doing it right. you must have good shooting form and your mind must be in the same place each time you shoot the arrow. mental training is just as important at physical practice.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts