Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my new bow sighted almost dead on at 20 and 30 yards AT GROUND LEVEL. I can stick 3 arrows in a 3' circle at both distances pretty frequently if i take my time (i am new to bowhunting)......so heres my problem.

I have gotten to go up a tree in my new treestand yet, so i saw a HILL that looked like it went up 15 feet or so (a gradual slope)....i get up and start shooting......the target is at 36 yards. I use my 30 yard pins and im hitting consistently about 5-7 inches LOW. Ok, so i decide to move the target to right bout 30 yards thinking maybe the 6 yards made a big differece.......NOT.....i moved the target to right at 30 yards and started shooting....not it was 4 INCHES LOW on the hill, and DEAD ON on the ground!?

Finally i just give in an put it right around 20 yards...im thinking i will hit 3 inches or so high, but guess what......RIGHT ON....i was using my 30 yard pin at 20 and it was finally hitting where i wanted it to?! :confused:

So next, i thought that maybe something had gotten hit or tweaked.....i go and shoot right at 20 yards on ground level.....DEAD ON with the 20 YARD PIN (just like it has always been)......

Can someone help me? Why is my bow hitting so low when im elevated?

Thanx.....and BTW I used the 40 yard pin at 36 and it hit about 3-4 high.

What do ya' think??!!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
If you're not maintaining good form and bending at the waist, your drawing arm will shorten up a little causing your peep to rise so you shoot low. Concentrate on drawing to your nocking point then bend at the waist.

Hope this helps,

John

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Do you center your peep hole with the rim of your sight when you shoot? The easy solution until you get really used to shooting is to center your peep with the ring of your sight and put the correct pin on the target and use a kisser button it will make you anchor correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts