Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a chronic tinkerer with my bow set up and for some reason right now, just a few weeks away from the Iowa bow season, I've got the horrible itch to try a new rest!:eek:

I've shot the GKF TKO, NAP 2000, VBG Ultimate Fall Away, TR Drop Zone, GKF Mirage and currently shoot the VBG Vital Drop. Each has their merits and each shot well on my Hoyt. What I'm after right now is the QUIETEST drop away you've ever shot. Something that doesn't really add it's own sound to the shot of your bow, no "clink", "clunk", "ping", "whaack" or "buzz"!

Give me your opinions based on actual experience please!:wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just baught a Switchback XT lastnight and had a Muzzy zero effect put on it. Now I have only gotten to shoot maybe 45 - 50 shots so far but it is dead quiet. So far I have been very impressed with it, but as with anything that is subject to change after I get a few more shots through it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
my TKO sure doesn't make any noise.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
My NAP QuickTune 2000 is very quiet. If you don't position the rubber arrow holder correctly, you will definately get noise when the prongs hit the riser!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
The Muzzy Zero Effect, IMO, is the best drop away on the market!

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,329 Posts
Not sure of the name but the newer version of the Trap Door is dead quiet.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Muzzy

I am with Jeff the Muzzy Zero Effect is the best on the market.:darkbeer:

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Josh Michaelis said:
Drop Zones are quiet. So is the Limbdriver, its going to be my next rest
The limbdriver is only quiet if you put a piece of limbsaver (or applicable alternative) underneath it and shorten the prongs on the side alittle. Then you need to add some teflon tape around it so the arrow doesnt screach when you draw back. After all that then its DEAD quiet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rest

I bought a new Switchback LD, The pro put the Mathews drop away on my bow. I do not know who makes it, but it is super quiet. I believe this rig is the quietest high performance rig money can buy(I have to believe that after I paid $1125 for the whole outfit), Tom.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
crash_gsxr750 said:
The limbdriver is only quiet if you put a piece of limbsaver (or applicable alternative) underneath it and shorten the prongs on the side alittle. Then you need to add some teflon tape around it so the arrow doesnt screach when you draw back. After all that then its DEAD quiet.

I agree!!!!!

I added some moleskin to the prongs since this pic was made. This limbdriver is silent!!!

Also, I've had great results with the Muzzy Zero Effect on two different bows.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like that's 6 positives for the Muzzy and two for the Drop Zone and then a smattering of others.
I'm not counting the limb driver because I don't want to do that kind of jerry riggin' just to get it quiet.
Keep the opinions coming!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hands down the Muzzy Zero Effect.
Dead quiet, great arrow containment, and simple to tune.
Bomb proof tough too.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What can I expect to pay for a Muzzy Zero Effect and where's the best source?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts