Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding myself in the market for a new spot light once again. I'm curious as to what some others are using with good/bad results. Let's say an approximate budget of $75. This isn't strict by any means but I have no need/desires for a 200 dollar light unless it comes attached to something to drive it around.

What I NEED out of a light:
•rechargeable battery(s) but can also be used while charging and plugged into truck or atv
•Can't be confined to plug-in only usage
•Brightness that reaches far and wide, I'm in the east so a 400 yard laser= unnecesary
• relatively light weight, my 10million candlepower "airport beacon" I have now squats my 3/4 ton and drags my girlfriend out of truck window on frequent occasions and causes her arms to drag on ground like a blonde haired ape
• usable run-time when using battery power only, my 1 million CP claims 17 minutes, try 5 before a mini mag puts it to shame

I'm an avid spotlighter that usually goes out every night rain or shine. It's an escape after work and I'd like some better and more user friendly equipment. What has or has not worked well for you? Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Is this a joke?

You shine a flashlight from a motorized vehicle where I hunt and you will be pulled over faster than you can find a rage bashing thread on here.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Depends on where you live. Here is PA its a way of life around here. That's what you do on a friday or saturday night

but to answer your question, I've been looking forever now to find one I like. My dad has an old one that is made from an old pot like you would cook on on a stove rangetop. Brightest light I've ever used, just need to put a new handle on it and its good to go!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Is this a joke?

You shine a flashlight from a motorized vehicle where I hunt and you will be pulled over faster than you can find a rage bashing thread on here.

Legal here also but you better damn site not have any weapons in your truck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's not a joke. It's legal as long as it isn't during firearms season and you have no weapons or ammo with you. Also have to be done by 11pm.

Why do people have an "if it's not legal in my state, it can't or shouldn't be in another" attitude. As for that pot light I have the remnants of my fathers. It's just too far beyond repair at this point. Broken handle, seal around glass is gone, questionable wiring and bad plug

·
Registered
315 Posts
A friend bought the Primos light. We used it frog gigging, went out after about 20 minutes of off and on use. I was not impressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts