Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your biggest/toughest big game kill, and what type of setup did you use to do it? Arrow/broadhead weight, draw weight etc.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
deer with modern everyday bowtech and easton arrows sometimes there just tough

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
a jake that was at the edge of my little shotguns range that i was using (25 yds) after i shot and he dropped then he got back up and started to run off. i proceded to chase as i fell down and got mud in my gun barrel. i then used the gun as a club to hit him which did not work. i then jumped on him to try and strangle him but then he kicked me really fricken hard. then i was able to step on his neck after he tired down and i suffocated him. all for a 13.5 pound jake. it was alot of work for 5:30 in the morning.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
A couple years ago, I shot an armadillo 7 times with a 22 from 10 - 20 yards before he dropped. Tough little critters!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I was misunderstood. I meant more along the lines of bear, elk, buffalo, alligator, sasquatch. You know that sort of thing. The kind of game that might kill you back if it gets a chance.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Skunk

A skunk at 30 yards 2 shots with a 20 gauge ( low brass #8 ) didn't faze him. Grabbed the 10 gauge and one dead skunk ( he just sprayed my dog ).

·
The business is finished
2,946 Posts
Wart Hog. Even the PH's say they are about the toughest animal to ever run crawl or slither on God's green earth.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I would say a deer is as tough as you get.

·
Registered
9,271 Posts
I used to be a cop, and we'd get a lot of possible rabid animal calls where i worked. Once saw a rabid skunk take 9 hits from a 9mm with hallow points.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Human, sometimes I dont know how they keep running with that many shots in em:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Personally............Gemsbok

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Everyone knows

Maybe I was misunderstood. I meant more along the lines of bear, elk, buffalo, alligator, sasquatch. You know that sort of thing. The kind of game that might kill you back if it gets a chance.
Everyone knows skunks can be killers?? Never shot anything dangerous in the classical sense but did a have a couple hand to antler battles with mortally wounded whitetails that I was too anxious to drag to the truck. Those damn hooves hurt.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Mountain Goat

No doubt about it. Mountain Goats get my vote. They are tougher than all get out, in more ways than one and have a will to survive like no other I've seen!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts