Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a new video and it might be the worst one I have ever seen. Now I am not counting the ones from years ago. Although alot of them were better than this one. They didn't wound anything with bad shots, in fact everything had a good shot put on it. But the video was sad. I was all excited to watch but was just very disapointed. They only shot 1 or 2 deer that I woould have shot and I have never even shot a buck that would come close to making P&Y.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Worst?

Bitter Cold Bucks with Noel Feather.

He supposedly rattled in a big buck but the buck came in with his mouth wide open and panting. LOOKING BEHIND him all the way.

No doubt in my mind the deer was being pushed to him. "Around and around we go. Where he stops nobody knows..."

I didn't care a lot about the Wensel's October Whitetails either.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Muzzy Bad to The Bone Bucks II. Booooooring! Also, in one scene the hunter climbs down after shooting a buck. He is wearing a set of camo. Then in the next scene he is approaching his downed buck and guess what? Different set of camo. Just a boring, poorly made video.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No question the worst I have seen is PSE's latest. I don't remember what itis called but damn it is boring!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Buck Fever III

This is the worst video that I have seen! This video has alot of HUGE deer but most of the people make very poor shots and act like its no big deal to kill a 150 class buck or bigger! One part that upset me the most was when a guy gets to camp and only shoots his new bow 4 times, at night in the headlights of a truck, and then goes hunting the next day! :eek:

Trust me I wont buy a Buck Fever IV video.

Bryan

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
i have a extreamley large vid collection...the worst i have ever purchased is Sam Colloras (mrs.doe pee guy) 2 kills which sucked and no where on the box did it state it was a info mercial...i would like to take this vid and cram it down sams throat for the wasted money and time...also some of mosey oaks vids ....they are too bible lesson related...olmossey horn (i think) too much releigon...no mention on the box either.

mikie

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Buckmaster's

Well a few people will probably argue with me on this but I gotta say it....Anything with Jakie Bushman from Buckmasters....What a bunch of staged crap...I never buy any of the videos but sometimes I do watch the show just to get a laugh....Here's my gripes with them=
1. For the locations that they hunt and the amount of time they invest they should be able to kill an animal for each show...Pay attention to exactyl how many deer Jackie takes in a year...Not that many really.
2. Everything is staged, I've seen em film a deer walking in to the stand location that they were gonna harvest and it would be almost dark with no wind, then when they "pan" to the hunter in the stand the wind would be blowing about 20mph and it would be all bright and sunny....Come on, what a load of crap.
3. I HATE it when they shoot something and start tracking it only to find it with the camera man setting on it....WOW, what a surprise find....Give me a break
and finally 4. As alot of other shows go, Buckmasters is just a big infomercial ...... I know they have to pay the bills but I'd like to see more than 5 mins. of actuall hunting footage per show.....
Oh and some of the Realtree videos are getting pretty bad on the staged hunters in the stands too....And for the people that will say that Realtree aint staged,,,,,Exactly how many cameras can you get in one tree then???? When you get footage of the deer coming in, and then get footage of about 5 different angles of the hunter drawing his bow something has got to be fishy unless they have Tarzan up in the tree running the camera while swinging from limb to limb to get all the different angles.
Oh and to add a bit more fuel to the fire...lol....Bill Jordan shoulder shoots or gut shoots every 3-D target he draws on too....LOL....Let the hate begin.....

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
The worst videos for me are ones in which some archery equipment manufacturer presidents or other "great white hunters" shot big and dangerous game in Africa. All this game has been choosen by helicopter and darted with tranquilizer before.
I know many professional hunters who guided these people.
Those guys really want to make me believe they can stalk a lion or a hippo with two PH's (with back-up rifles) and a rattling camera team behind them. It's so ridiculous.
If some of you know the old video Tembo with Howard Hill and look closely, you will notice the leopard he shot was on a leash. The elephant in this video was tranquilized either.
Those self-created heros are a pure shame.
Only a very few of real dangerous game which you can see in the ads of the magazines with the big smiling super-hunters behind them, has been taken in an ethical way of bowhunting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
hope nobody has special ties to this video, but take a look at Big City Bucks. nuf said.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Anything put out by Jack Britingham. I believe his videos are the Buck Fever ones. Never seen so many bad hits with poor penetration on penned semi tame deer in my life. There was a hunt (and I use the word "hunt" loosely) on Buck Fever II where he shot at a huge buck from a ground blind with a bow that was directly facing him. The arrow went between the deers front legs and hit him very low in one of his hind legs. Needless to say the deer hobbled off crippled and never to be found. Not once did Ole Jack say anything like, "Gee, that was a terrible angle to take that shot." "Perhaps I should have waited for a better shot." I will never put another cent in this clowns pocket.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I agree with J-Daddy,anything with Jackie Bushman in it.....
That man makes me wanna slap myself.....
Do they even sell anything other than toys???
I know they charge around 80.00 for a 3- year membership to join and they give you 18 magazines for that.....
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does Tree Lounge still make those awful videos?

·
Registered
92 Posts
IM GLAD WE ARENT ON THIS LIST....:D :D :D

We have REAL, videos, REAL footage, REAL hunts, REAL misses, And we have FUN!

We dont have any sponsors, no scripted sceens, no scripted advertising, We may have only sold around 100 videos so far, but at least our footage is true and honest!

I like to see hunters in their enviroment, heavy breathing, sick stomachs, and tears of happiness.

Steve Holloway

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Tree Lounge Trophies

As Brown Hornet said, It's got to be the Tree Lounge videoes. I know they are more of an infomercial, but the old lady cracks me up. Hearing the one guy(don't know his name) say, "That's a good buck, let's get down and go to eeem" makes me want to drive to his house......... and choke him. And the old guy, needs to go get some teeef that fit:D

The only good thing about they're vids, is they shoot some nice bucks.

JP

1 - 20 of 43 Posts