Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Martin Hatfield Take Down recurve right handed and 60# draw with 7 cedar arrows, 5 broadheads and 7 field points plus a 2 piece quiver, stringer, glove, tab, and arm gaurd that I don't use any more.

It's about a year old, and the only reason I don't use it anymore is because it irritates my left shoulder to shoot it much. Since I can't shoot it much, I can't get accurate enough to hunt with it.

Can anyone tell me what it's worth?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a site that may give you some ideas what bows like that are going for

http://www.women-outdoors.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi

it is an offshoot of the Women's outdoor site that has turned into the biggest tradbow classified site. of course you can also check ebay.

As in everything else it'll be a willing buyer / willing seller deal. so much depends on condition and your local supply/demand situation for used trad bows.

I worked with a kid last night who just bought a similar bow from a local older ex-hunter for $25. He'd been referred to me for help setting it up. It had been altered a bit, shelf cut down and crowned for off-the-shelf shooting. it was ok functionally but not very well done with a little more work it could have looked good. I'd have made an initial offer of $50 for the bow in that condition.
However he was happy and I assume the seller was too; maybe he was willing to give a kid a break to get another youngster into the sport. something you might consider if you get the chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts