Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is mine...... :)
bear in mind this might change as more manufacturers bring out their 09 models/specs/reviews....etc :wink:

hunting: Bowtech Admiral

target: Mathews Conquest4 (unless mathews/hoyt brings out a new target bow/vantage series with machined grip....then i will have to think about it...hmmm.......)

then.... i'm also thinking a crossover bow (it's ok its not going to be [email protected] like the vw polo cross :tongue:)....ata around 37" something like the hoyt 737 anodised black, with black limb pockets/cams (custom order).....

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Still trying to get my 2008 one right...??

Hopefully my decision to wait(I expereinced a brain seizure over ordering the Money maker ...I really thought I had but it never Arrived???:confused:) will pay off and I will be able to see the new year in with a 2009 target bow yet to decide on a colour. The question is wether to sell my Mojo or keep it as a back up bow? It is shooting so sweetly at the moment.

We will have to see what happens....:zip::wink:

Take care Hard's,

Spatan:cocktail:

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Just recieved the NEW PSE Dealer guide....

So this will give us something to chat about. Their bow don't seem to be that much faster but their specs and colours have improved, there are some new bows too, for hunting but not for target so it looks like Money Maker or Shark X for me not sure yet:zip: or maybe the X7 GX in a sweet colour (saturn black perhaps??) I Just havent made up my mind yet...

Going to club tonight maybe my fellow club mates can sway me to a decision?

We will chat tomorrow.

Spatan:cocktail:

· Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
1.) BowTech Captain in MAX 4 for general hunting
2.) BowTech 82nd in Firestorm Candy Red for long range work.

· Registered
317 Posts
2009 bows

here is mine...... :)
bear in mind this might change as more manufacturers bring out their 09 models/specs/reviews....etc :wink:

hunting: Bowtech Admiral

target: Mathews Conquest4 (unless mathews/hoyt brings out a new target bow/vantage series with machined grip....then i will have to think about it...hmmm.......)

then.... i'm also thinking a crossover bow (it's ok its not going to be [email protected] like the vw polo cross :tongue:)....ata around 37" something like the hoyt 737 anodised black, with black limb pockets/cams (custom order).....
I like the idea for the Hoyt 737, it will look awsome! Wait and see what Hoyt is going to bring out in 2009, seems there are going to be a couple of surprises. The new Bowtechs looks good as well!

· Registered
317 Posts
2009 bows

1.) BowTech Captain in MAX 4 for general hunting
2.) BowTech 82nd in Firestorm Candy Red for long range work.
The MAX 4 camo rocks! Wish Hoyt and Mathews will give it as an optional custom on their bows.

· Registered
790 Posts
Hopefully a Mathews with about a 36" ATA, 7.5" BH, 320fps IBO and a 2pc 5 arrow quiver all in black!

The accessories I picked up last month while I was in the US...
Whisker Biscuit
Spot Hogg Real Deal with wrap
B-Stinger 12" stab

My backup bow will be my current setup.

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.........BowTech 82nd in Firestorm Candy Red...........

had a look on their website that = pure hawtness :eek:
maybe custom order with testarossa cams???? i messed, just thinking about it :embara:

yo Lloyd, can you confirm....Madness XL (36") is for real and specs/options....etc

· Registered
3,003 Posts
I hope any company will release a bow for 2009 for finger shooter ( ATA min.39" ) over 80 lbs draw weight:tongue: but this will be only a dream.

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Frank,

what do one look for in a "finger" bow?

longish ATA/string angle, low let-off, smooth draw curve...etc
and what rest would you recommend? and using a peep?

· Registered
3,003 Posts
I search for a 39" bow, max. draw weight of 90 to100 lbs with fast cams. My release is two finger under with a leather tab. I search for a bow similar to my Mathews Safari but with the new speed technology like by the new bow models from PSE, APA, LimbSaver or BowTech.

· Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
urabus, some red cams will make that bow look pure EVIL!

Frank, I hope that you get a bow in those specs, seems the trend is toward 34" 70" bows...

· Registered
164 Posts
Hi there Frank.
Good to hear from you again - been quiet for a while.

Willem

· Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi there Frank.
Good to hear from you again - been quiet for a while.

Willem
Sorry Willem, but I hope to find now more time for you and my other friends here in AT again.
The last weeks from my came home from S.A. to now was a hard time for my:cry:
But now I am the old person again and I make some plans for a trophy mouse hunt in my backyard with the Mathews Safari:tongue:

· Registered
179 Posts
Sorry Willem, but I hope to find now more time for you and my other friends here in AT again.
The last weeks from my came home from S.A. to now was a hard time for my:cry:
But now I am the old person again and I make some plans for a trophy mouse hunt in my backyard with the Mathews Safari:tongue:
Welcome back my jagdfreund. Are you sure you will get enough penetration on that trophy mouse with your Safari...?:tongue: Make sure to aim for the vitals....

· Registered
58 Posts
I maby thinking of the PSE BOW MADNESS xs, I somehow have to presuad the wife, why another, you single guys have it alot easier :set1_rolf2::rolleyes:, maby break it over a :cocktail: and hope all goes well :brick:
Later:cocktail:

· Registered
164 Posts
Are you going to do a shoulder or a full mount ?:ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.