Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
The only new Diamond for 2012 is the Atomic.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Ice was a sweet mistake by Bowtech. It was a better shooter than the Bowtech line for that year. Just a little slower.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i guess the deadeye is still their flagship bow? i shot it a couple of weeks ago, fast but terrible draw cycle, also had a little hand shock at the shot!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I like diamond but I think it was a mistake going to those aggressive cams with no valley.

·
Registered
10,305 Posts
I think secondary bow companies put out from the leading companies are a mistake industry wide. Reflex, Mission, Diamond are substandard compared to its parent company. Competing against yourself is moronic.

·
Registered
366 Posts
2010 Iceman is very quiet and shock free and a nock buster. In the need for speed the cams have become radical and unpleasant to draw, esp. at the heavier draw weights. Diamond has not been a "SUBSTANDARD" company, just trying to compete for their share of the single cam market. 90% of us don't need to throw 333+ fps arrows.

·
Registered
378 Posts
And to think, you can by a Diamond for a lot less than some of the other big names that claim they own the single cam market.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Where is the "like" button for mnrockwarriors reply? Diamond is simply Bowtechs "solo" cam bow specifically designed to reach a broader market. I really have a distaste for some of the snobs on here.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
i guess the deadeye is still their flagship bow? i shot it a couple of weeks ago, fast but terrible draw cycle, also had a little hand shock at the shot!
I just got a dead eye and it has no shock 60lb 28in 300 grain arrow 318 fps. the bow gets a bad rap but it shoots as good as my destroyer 350. solid wall its not harsh drawing to me and its got a good valley .

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I'd buy a Diamond bow ! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Black Ice was a sweet mistake by Bowtech. It was a better shooter than the Bowtech line for that year. Just a little slower.
I completely agree with you. The black ice was one of the best bows i ever shot. A decent speed and it was very quiet. When they added the flex guard it couldn't be beat for the price. When these went clearance in stores they were a steal. I still shop for these every so often looking for a deal.

I think secondary bow companies put out from the leading companies are a mistake industry wide. Reflex, Mission, Diamond are substandard compared to its parent company. Competing against yourself is moronic.
There not really trying to compete with themselves. There trying to get a piece of each market. When a dealer like Bow tech, Hoyt,Mathews only distributes to private bow shops they lose big box store sales which is a lot of money each year. Not every new shooter can afford a 800+ bow to start with. These companies will typically buy another company out ie. Bowtech buys the Diamond brand and uses that label to sell a Bow tech produced products in big box store. Therefore they are now getting the best of both worlds. They are not losing shooters only gaining more. If a customer buys a diamond and loves it and maybe wants to upgrade later they are going to go with either a newer diamond or bowtech because they enjoyed their experience with that companies product.The only time they will lose shooters is a case they put out poor products which can occur in there main line or second line. This is just opinion not trying to call you out or anything.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Hmm,,,, I did work for a guy that works at bowtech. He way saying that they actually mfg 6 yes thats SIX different bow lines under other names at the bowtech factor in Eugene. He could not tell me which ones, but Bass pro sells two of them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh and to answer your question.All i have been told is that they are developing news idler wheels that have deeper groves for their existing bows. Diamond used to be pretty up to date with new bows. But i think they have slowed down a little to possibly take a little more time in designing a little more diverse line of bows. This year was fast,faster,fastest. Bow shooters want more to shop for than just speed and think Bowtech/diamond know this. I feel that in the next year we will see some cool stuff from diamond.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm,,,, I did work for a guy that works at bowtech. He way saying that they actually mfg 6 yes thats SIX different bow lines under other names at the bowtech factor in Eugene. He could not tell me which ones, but Bass pro sells two of them.
yessir that is correct. All of the Redhead bows are made by bow tech. as for the other 5 i have no idea. They may have bought out 5 other brands but chose to simply use technology and geometry patents and kill off the name. I know they have bought Diamond(back when the diamond label was written in red not blue,they also bought the ross brand, and after that im not sure. Someone on here surly knows they answer to that question.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
yessir that is correct. All of the Redhead bows are made by bow tech. as for the other 5 i have no idea. They may have bought out 5 other brands but chose to simply use technology and geometry patents and kill off the name. I know they have bought Diamond(back when the diamond label was written in red not blue,they also bought the ross brand, and after that im not sure. Someone on here surly knows they answer to that question.
i heard they dont have ross anymore, that sale was reversed or squashed for whatever reason.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts