Archery Talk Forum banner

What's with Mathews.....

2235 Views 41 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  gipper
I just went to their web site and they have that add campain posted on their web site, why are they bashing Hoyt and their Cam & 1/2 system, from what I can see they are responding to the Hoyt advertisment stating that the new Cam & 1/2 is a bit better than a single cam bow "not a Mathews single cam bow", but any single cam bow from a lot of different manufacturers, so I don't see why Mathews is getting so uptight and seriously bashing it's competitor, what did Hoyt do to deserve this, they never bashed or have said anything negative towards Mathews, all they said was that their new Cam & 1/2 system was better than a single cam bow, I shoot a Hoyt Cybertec Cam & 1/2 and I find the bow to be a great shooter with a smooth draw and quiet with no hand shock or any vibration, my brother shoots a Mathews Legacy and it also is one sweet shooting bow, I don't see why Mathews has to come to this, it's just bad bussines, most people by their bow cause it feels right to them, may it be a Martin, PSE, Mathews, Hoyt, Reflex, Darton, Bowtech, Browning, I can go on and on, anyway where do you think Mathews is going with this and for how long, are they that desperate for sales, I hope not, take care all.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
I am sooooo tired of this Hoyt- Mathews thing

Just so everyone knows .... I've sold several Mathews bows this week and last.! Yea for me!!!!!

And I bet some of the Hoyt dealers can say the same.

Could we please quit discussing it! its been established those that dislike Mathews are crying foul, those that like Mathews don't see any porblem with the ads. Those that shoot Darton are laughing at booth sides because Hoyt is using their design with a few modification. Martin shooters could careless they are to busy looking at the pretty girl in their ads. Bowtech shooters are trying to figure out what to do with the sand in last years limbs. Merlin shooters are trying to figure how they can shoot thier bows and keep the wizards hat on when they shoot. And the rest couln't careless!!!!!!

and for the english professors out there sorry for all the typo in this post

· Registered
522 Posts
i agree who cares

any company stooping to those methods "childish"

just prove what your product does and stick to that nothing more
why even mention anyone elses product no mater what they say..
be the bigger person.. didn't there moms teach them that..

please.. i don't shoot either hoyt or mathews but i bet i would like any quality bow i decide to shoot .. all that matters is you have a decent bow that works well for you than thats all that matters..

a good shooter can adapt to any bow and shoot well how small of a differance would one to the other make..

there would have to be a major leap in quality between them and even than a crappy bow in the hands of a pro can outshoot a
crappy shooter with a quality bow....so whats all there point..

i don't think there is one .....it's just childish whineing..to try to make themself feel superior than the other

sticks and stones... you know what they are both excelent bows..
and i will take any hoyt or mathews off anyones hands if they feel like throwing them away...

:p

· Registered
212 Posts
truth, sometimes it just hurts !!!! why are people mad at Mathews ??? Mathews didn't tell everybody that scam &1/2 would do everything it wouldn't do, now did they, Hoyt , seems like that they should be mad at Hoyt did !!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

· Registered
352 Posts
Man, I can't stand to listen to all this crap anymore about brand loyalty and advertising wars anymore . I don't think I can go on shooting a bow anymore knowing this kind hatred floats around in the archery world. I'm giving up archery and taking up auto racing, where this stuff is unheard of and everybody gets along!:mad:

Wait, quick flipflop, I'll stick with archery. I just remembered I can't get any more speeding tickets.:D :D

My advice: If someone badmouths your bow, just make sure you beat em' on Sunday's shoot. Then you could say you would have beat em' by 10 more points if you would shoot the same bow they do instead of your hunk of $**t:D

· Registered
5,880 Posts
Trying to keep the wizard hat on? Heck I still haven't figured out how to wear it. Plus, I don't have the beard for it.:D ;) :eek:. Good shooting.
Dylan

· Registered
972 Posts
LMAO Gipper. I think that the ads by both companies. Look at how much talk it has brought up about their company!! Personally, and I am most likely not alone, dont shoot either companys bows but I was tempted to go out and try them to see which one really was better!!!

· Registered
352 Posts
Tyler,
Yeah it gets old arguing about this stuff. But then we can just pick a new fight and suddenly it's fun again.:D

If we can't give advice we can always give criticizm, and that is much easier to do on a regular basis. I enjoy all these little sissy fights we all get into about equipment, but I never let it bother me or influence me. Different strokes for different.... well I guess strokes. Any activity that involves competition will always have the "mine is better than yours" arguments. I guess if we all get tired of it we can join the Underwater Basket Weaver's chat rooms and all get along. (no offense).

One quick jab at the Mathews guys before I leave for the day:D Hoyts are the best because they were good enough for Rambo and Lucy Luu in Charlies Angels. If they're good enough for Hollywood, then by golly why buy anything else.

OK I'm outta here before I get beat up. :p

· Registered
952 Posts
Anytime an ad can get this much attention , it is a marketing manager's dream come true . Why would Mathews want to pay big money on an ad , only to have readers pass on by it without reading it ?

Positive or negative , it's going to sell bows for Mathews .

I don't buy a bow based on their advertizing claims , just on the performance of the bow itself .

· Registered
24,470 Posts
hey win one for the gipper....rubbing is racing..and it looks like mathews is just doing a little rubbing...so they must be racing....

poor hoyt....lost thier identity.....they been searching..trying to be somebody...but they just cant seem to scam anything from any"one" cams...so they tried to scam darton...but ..noway...the cps top cop was on the job....

hoyt....who are they.....where are they....and what are they...really....what are they....

· Registered
287 Posts
If only some company could do this level of mudslinging with a pretty girl(s)....now that would be a great marketing campaign...mix Martin with Mathews and an add from heaven!!!!:D :D :D

Let's quit talkin about this Hoyt -vs- Mathews crap and talk about something that's more important.........

I've got one that I can use all your help with.....I messed up my wrist about a month ago....a rope broke when cutting down a tree and long story short.....landed on my wrist. It's not broken...worse yet...the sprain is taking longer to get better. When I'm drawing the bow back, it feels like the wrist is going to seperate........anyone had a similar injury and is there any way to make it better.....or at least get the pain to go away?????

OBT....Hoyt's the company that had the shooters at the head of the pack in Vegas.....remember or have you blocked that from your memory?????:D :p

maco12

· Registered
621 Posts
Mathews is simply stateing the truth about hoyts bows, should they be able to lie and get away with it , especially to customers and dealers I think not that is why Mathews has done this reality check not to still buisness from hoyt but to let the truth be herd. :D

· Registered
24,470 Posts
OBT....Hoyt's the company that had the shooters at the head of the pack in Vegas.....remember or have you blocked that from your memory?????

what would you do in my case maco??? darn right ive blocked it ....only thing i could tell you about vegas....is "ILL BE BACK"

· Registered
24,470 Posts
now maco....on the wrist subject....let me ask you this before im able to reply with a full "blown" answer....is it a limp wrist:p :p

· Registered
104 Posts
maco12

Try one of those braces that you see bowlers wearing or I have seen people wearing similar with carpel tunnel ( probably spelled it wrong) but you know what I mean. Should elimininate some pain for you !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.