Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bow setup after having new limbs and cams put on it. Anyhow my field tips are flying great even out to 60 yards. Well, today I decided I was going to go hunt some woodchucks with my bow. I had some old Spitfires laying around I that I was gonna try and I figured just for the heck of it I would shoot one just to see how they flew and save the other two for hunting. Anyhow my arrows keeps flying erratic and way left which I think is weird because I know mechanical are supposed to shoot like field tips. Im really stumped my Judo points fly a little better but not much. Then I shoot my field tip arrows and they look great again. What gives?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
That never occured to me. But why would my Judos not fly that good either?
Because they aren't as aerodynamic as FPs. So broadhead tuning may be necessary with those, too. If the blades and judos hit left try bumping your rest to the right a tad and try it again.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because they aren't as aerodynamic as FPs. So broadhead tuning may be necessary with those, too. If the blades and judos hit left try bumping your rest to the right a tad and try it again.
Could you go a little more in depth with the broadhead tuning? Im going to have my arrows refletched with Blazers this weekend im currently shooting 4 inch vanes if that's matters at all.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
The basics in a nutshell....

Shoot a group of FPs and shoot at least one BH. If the BHs hit left of FPs move the rest right and repeat. If the BHs hit right of FPs move the rest to the left. Basically, you move the rest in the direction of the FPs. You should be able to bring them all together after a few adjustments.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The basics in a nutshell....

Shoot a group of FPs and shoot at least one BH. If the BHs hit left of FPs move the rest right and repeat. If the BHs hit right of FPs move the rest to the left. Basically, you move the rest in the direction of the FPs. You should be able to bring them all together after a few adjustments.
Thanks alot ill give it a try and post my results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts