Archery Talk Forum banner

Whats your favorite hunting arrow?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of these choices what due you guys perfer to hunt with? What due you guys pay a DZ shafts or arrows and were are you at in US? Just curious

1. GT Pro Hunters
2. GT XT Hunters
3. CE Maxima Hunters
4. Easton Axis
5. Other

· Registered
2,847 Posts
These are all good arrows. I like the Axis and the Maxima's, but for different reasons. The small diameter of the Axis is shown to improve penetration. They are tough and shoot very well too. The Axis FMJ, in particular, is a great large critter arrow.

Maxima's have the built in weight forward feature which, although other shafts shoot broadheads well at long range, have shown to be a desireable feature in broadhead accuracy. Maximas are also lighter arrows if you are looking to get the most speed of your bow.

· Registered
2,656 Posts
Nothing on your list....

· Banned
3,222 Posts
GT pro and xt's are the same arrow, just different color label. there are way more choices than that, if your gonna have a poll, dont run a 1/2 ass one. Im using GT expedition grade, also the same as pro and XT's, just a different label and lower price. Not saying theyre my favotite? I havent shot any other carbons for hunting. i got 2 doz on sale about 5 years ago when GT changed the cresting label.I still got a dozen. I probably would get the same grade shaft spine and brand again just 'cause I know they work and theyre economical.for 3D however I ditched the x-cutters for easton fats

· Banned
3,222 Posts
If your having to shoot deer behind cinder blocks,or thru car doors, definitely go with the maXima's. If not, save your money and get the GT's, the expedition grade is even cheaper than the xt's.

· Registered
2,991 Posts
Kill Shill...the GT Pro Hunters, XT Hunters, and Expedition Hunters while all possesing the same make-up do have some very distinctive differences, other than label color.

The biggest variance is in straightness...

Pro Hunter - +/-.001
XT Hunter - +/-.003
Exp. Hunter - +/-.006

The price difference between the grades is based on the straightess and weight tolerances, not just the "color on the label."

You were correct in that the make-up (durability, etc.) is the same in an Expedition, XT, or Pro.

· Registered
246 Posts
Have shot all of the above and I like the CE maxima Hunter the best. Thay just seem to fly better out of my sett ups. But are a little on the costly side. would go with the Gold Tip XT hunter has my 2nd chioce

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.