Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Human
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot indoors at close range a lot during the winter, which takes a heavy toll on targets. Curious what everyone's favorite close-range target is, if this is something you do, as well.

·
Team #9
8,638 Posts
not much indoor close range shooter but I did buy a Rinehart Rhino Brute 16"x16"x16" suppose to be their toughest target
seems solid ..should be a good choice for what you are wanting to do

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pack a bag with old folded sheets from a thrift store...mine has lasted me 12 month with no pass throughs. About 30.shots a day.
It's very quiet and easy to pull arrows. Just glue Vegas faces onto corflute and hook onto the front of the bag

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
rhinehart rhino blockxl quiet can handle 70#+ little pricey though

·
Hunter of many things
12,126 Posts
I use a cheap hurricane bag target. Its still going after many years.

·
Vendor
25,145 Posts
This really depends on how much you want to spend. Spiderweb makes a great target for several hundred dollars. You can build a similar target for less than $75 in about a couple hours using the DIY 3'x3' target from Third Hand Archery. If after a few years it starts looking too shaby for your liking, you can simply replace the skins for $35.:wink: http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=16

2013-02-05 15.01.33.jpg 2013-04-29 12.43.06.jpg

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,632 Posts
This!!! He even sends you plans to build your frame.

·
Slingin' Arrows
1,237 Posts
For cheap, durable, and no work, the Mckenzie white box has held up great at $25.
Downside, it's a 12" square, so don't miss.

·
Human
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input everyone. I've tried many of these suggestions, and they haven't held up well for me shooting close-range. I have not tried the rag bag/third hand. Might give that a go.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use Rinehart rhinoblock xl ( I have 4 strapped together to make a 36”x 36” square) not cheap but I buy one a year and 3 of them are “ blemished” where the aiming dots are a little fuzzy. Also Dicks Sporting goods has the 18” Black Hole target on sale for 19.00 (after rebate) normally 39.00 I bought 3 and have been shooting them a lot this week....seem to hold up. Going to buy 3 more this week and strap them together for 36” x 56” for shooting indoors at my shop this winter. Probably won’t last more than 1k arrows but for 19.00 that’s ok.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
I was fortunate enough to obtain and Block 4x4 from an archery shop that went under. That will last me the rest of my life.

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
Morrell Cube.
BBA a close 2nd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts