Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions. INDOOR I could see a combo 3D 1 day & a 300 or Vegas the next. Outdoor, Personally I would like 1st day a combo 1 arrow 20 3Ds (20 arrows) & 14 Field (56 arrows). 76 arrows for the day. 2nd day maybe a target 600 round (60 arrows) & 10 3Ds (10 arrows) to top it off (70 arrows total). A little for every archer & maybe a round they don't normally shoot.. Lets hear yours.. Thanks.
Plant Green Tree Natural environment Natural landscape
Clothing Smile Plant Leaf Natural environment
Vertebrate Plant Green Nature Natural environment
Plant Smile Shorts Plant community Hat

Attachments

· Registered
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For indoor, instead of doing a 3D (because of targets and space) I'd suggest a Flint round (more or less an indoor Field round) and then either a 5-spot or Vegas round.

"3D Guys" typically don't want to shoot anything that isn't 3D.

I've haven't shot any Field in a few years, and that is a shame too, as I used to really enjoy shooting field.
WOW, the FLINT ROUND. Many have no idea what that one is. When a kid, our club shot that all winter for league. (50s)

· Registered
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the insight on what you thought of & or tried. I'm just trying to see what a "good" draw shooter wise might be. I realize "size" of a facility for indoor could make the difference. I would just like to try something that brings in a large number of shooters & something all might be interested in.. So many archers/bowhunters but not so many attending events. I mean thousands of bowhunters & a state assn only has a small % of members. Hopefully, I can pull something off b/4 I croak. I started a facebook page, Iowa archery/bowhunter tournaments that is free to join, no selling & no chat that has grown to well over a 1000 archers looking for events. I do bordering states of Ill., Wisconsin, IN also plus all National assns I get shoot information on. ASA, IBO, NFAA, FITA, Deer expos & more. Members are allowed to post archery events also.. It takes a bit of time but I keep it updated weekly & is becoming a place to look for events.. Anyway, keep those suggestions coming. Thanks..

· Registered
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The problem with this concept is space to do it.

Last year, in Colorado, they did a 3 day, 3 event shoot. Double Field round, American round and a 300 Vegas round. It was won by an 18 year old kid. As I remember they had over 100 entries.
Do you remember the cost to shoot the 3 days? Did they do a daily awards if shooter shot less than the 3 events & a 3 day combo awards too.? Thanks.

· Registered
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We still shoot a Flint Round in Ohio each year as part of the Ohio Archers Association(Ohio's NFAA club). It is a mail in tournament. It is modified as I understand it since a full Flint round is out to 30 yards IIRC, and ours only goes out to 20. Not many shops have more than 20 yard ranges.
Back in the mid 50s our club shot the Flint round all winter. We also entered the NFAA Mail in tournaments according to division. In those days teens competed with adults.(I was 14 n 15 in those times) I placed 6th in one of 4000 entries & 1st in 2000 entries another time. I still have those medals stowed away someplace with my other Illinois state awards & NFAA 1970s sectional win. I may have to consider the Flint for indoor. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts