Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what vanes everyone likes best?

What degree of offset or helical do you prefer?

What arrows and broad heads are you shooting with those vanes.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Shot Blazers for years and still do on some arrows but just fletched up my last batch of Gold Tips with some Q2i Fusion 2 vanes and I haven't shot them a bunch yet but they seem to be a nice vane, they seem a little stiffer than the blazers so they dont seem to like a whole lot of helical. With all of my hunting setups I always run QAD Exodus heads.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I like the SK 300's with a 2° offset the best but would really like to give the Aerovane III a try. I would like to find out how well it puts a spin in the arrow with a straight fletch. I'm just not too sure about a 2" vane that is only 0.390" tall. Hopefully somebody will chime in and give some feedback on it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Quickspin2 fletched straight. I only use the quickspin in the color of white. All other colors are brittle. Strange I know. But never had the white vanes to give me trouble. Been shooting them for years. Some folks say they are loud but I ain't never had a deer get of the way of them. They hit where I aimed. I also like firenock av2 they can be fletched straight also.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Blazers and the Bohning Heat vanes. I run as much offset and helical with my Bitz. I run qad exodus..NAP Spitfires and Killzones, and Dirt Naps

·
Certified Buckoholic
5,284 Posts
SK 300's with a 1 degree right hand offset. Spynal Tapps with 30 gr. aluminum inserts, and Parker Lighted Capture nocks for the Scorpyds, Clean Shots Contenders for the Mission. 1 1/8" vane set back for Scorpyds, 1 3/8" for Mission. NAP FOC's for both.

·
Regohio
17,893 Posts
I have had excellent luck with Flex Fletch SK 300s.with Slight Rt Offset!

I can't think of a better Vane to go to.

·
Bringer of truth
14,839 Posts
i have learned over time that helical hurt me for long range shooting with a fast bow, a slight offset and longer vane is better then helical for this set up.

Helical off a fast bow gave me more hang time and the arrows had a propeller effect that caused lots of walk across the target.

For close hunting shots with a fixed head and a slower bow, lots of helical wins...i.m.o.

vane choice...spin wings exclusively..white only very slight R.H. OFFSET with a spinwing

this combo gives you, helical performace with no rail/barrel contact..................:wink:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I like the SK 300's with a 2° offset the best but would really like to give the Aerovane III a try. I would like to find out how well it puts a spin in the arrow with a straight fletch. I'm just not too sure about a 2" vane that is only 0.390" tall. Hopefully somebody will chime in and give some feedback on it.
Im in the exact same boat, i shoot the SK 300 with a R helical and like it very much but have wanted to try the Aerovane 3 since it came out. Also i use the SK200 in a 4 fletch 125 degree and a R helical and have liked the way it has shot so far.

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
I am still testin after yrs n yrs some were good some were jus ok some were the pits but none have been great!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
BEE's with SK-300's, slight right offset and NAP Spitfire Doublecross or Crossbow Killzone broadheads. Arrows are Spine matched, Indexed from Tapp-Nation.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
White Quickspins, fletched strait with no offset

·
Registered
21,691 Posts
Well flex fletch 200’s as of now. Degree of helical I have no idea it’s wrapped :). Arrows Tapps broad heads FOC’s

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Quickspin2 fletched straight. I only use the quickspin in the color of white. All other colors are brittle. Strange I know. But never had the white vanes to give me trouble. Been shooting them for years. Some folks say they are loud but I ain't never had a deer get of the way of them. They hit where I aimed. I also like firenock av2 they can be fletched straight also.
X2 GEEK, QS or AVII's fletched straight, AVII'S are one tough vane kinda like a second broad heads, I use 1 and 1/8 set back.

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
The AVIIIs will work great with field points but not so good with broadheads. According to Dorge @ Firenock the Single bevel Ramcats, 1 in slick tricks and Rage Hypodermics will work with these. I would suggest the AVIIs

·
Registered
115 Posts
AVlll work great also with Ramcat Diamondback. It is a very tough broadhead.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts