Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using my Mathews Switchback XT since 2006 and it has been a great bow! My favorite bow by far. It is still going strong, and I intend to use it at least until I upgrade. Once I upgrade, it will likely be my backup bow. I have not done much research on the newer bows, so I don't know what is out there and which bows to consider. I sold my backup bow, so prior to fall of 2016, I hope to get a new one. Any pros/cons/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Isaac

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
First off, what a great bow the Switchback was! I for sure wouldn't sell it, would make a great backup bow.

So you will/should see a ton of these responses, but do yourself a favor and go shoot everything you can before making a decision. Lots of great bows being produced. As for the Z3, I have never touched one but basically it looks like a Z7 from 2010-2011 with a lower price tag. Nothing wrong with that...but I personally don't think you would be gaining much over your current setup with it. I owned both a Z7 and a Switchback XT and always preferred the XT. Just an opinion, it might be a great bow.

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I once owned a Z7 and preferred the XT. I ended up selling the Z7 and keeping the XT. If the Z3 is pretty much the same as the Z7, then I would not consider it worth the trouble/money of upgrading. I would rather keep looking until I found something better. FYI I have no intention of getting rid of the XT. I have purchased some nice top of the line bows since I bought the XT, but I really have not found one that I liked better. I love that bow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts