Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting here in western PA. The season starts in 25 days and I was wondering when you guys hand your stands. I usually use a climber and just carry it in and out but this year Im gonna hang a couple different stands insted. When should I have them up or am I running late already? Thanks guys :confused:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think its a great idea to have your stands up and ready to go with shooting lanes all trimmed a month or so before the season opens,gives the area/deer time to forget you were ever there!:wink:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Get 'em out now. I like to have all my stands up atleast a month before the opener. I finished putting up the last of my stands just this weekend, giving things plenty of time to settle down.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Right now would be a good time to do it, I would say.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
DeadOn33 said:
Hunting here in western PA. The season starts in 25 days and I was wondering when you guys hand your stands. I usually use a climber and just carry it in and out but this year Im gonna hang a couple different stands insted. When should I have them up or am I running late already? Thanks guys :confused:
It's never too late. Ideally, you'd like them up on the first day after the season ends. Ours are usually 90% finished by mid-August. However, there's still a few stands we're putting up. Honestly.....you could put up a stand today and hunt out of it the same evening. Wouldn't be the perfect scenerio, but many a P&Y have been double-lunged that way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hung mine this weekend

I went out this weekend and hung one on Saturday in the pouring, pouring, rain. The area was too flooded to get to my second stand site so I had to go back Sunday and hang my second hang on. My third stand is a treesuit so I wear that one and I will use it to hunt my best spot. I won't even go near there until it is time to hunt. The third spot is an evening location, so I will go in, set up, and hunt all on the same day. Hopefully only once:wink:.

Even with the rain it was great to be in the woods. I love the "chess game" we call bowhunting.

Deadeye33

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah you shoukld have done that sometime in the last week or two! I was running behind too and just got all mine done this weekend.... Except for my climbers..... I like to be sneaky and never know exactly where I will pack that in and climb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts