Archery Talk Forum banner

When Is It Time to Replace a Whisker Biscuit?

3655 7
I've been shooting through a Whisker Biscuit for the past couple of years. The bristles on the bottom left are starting to stick out of the biscuit a little bit. Does anyone know when it is time to replace the biscuit?

I'd like to get a drop-away for hunting at some point, but right now the new biscuit looks like the better option for my budget.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,643 Posts
Sounds like yours is just getting broken in. I have seen people replace the biscuit becuse it looked worn but if it still works why change it?

· Registered
25 Posts
I just replaced my biscuit this year. Had four years on the original but the bottom bristles were starting to get weak and not support my arrow properly. Put a new one on there for peace of mind if nothing else.

· Registered
Prime Black Bow
732 Posts
I was in Illinois last year and was shooting at the range after a morning hunt when I noticed my bow was shooting real low.
Of course the problem was that my whisker biscuit was worn out and it took me two hours to find a shop that had one. I hadnt had it more than a year.
Safe to say I keep a spare at all times now...

· Registered
2,313 Posts
does any one with the old biscuit design turn the gap out like the quick shot.
where mine comes together is on the bottomand the bristles are getting a little weak so I thought about turning it a little. any advise here.

· Registered
452 Posts
When I first got my biscuit, my fletching were tearing off whiskers in the bottom left hand corner. I was pretty angry and confused. It has stopped now, but the sides were uneven. So yesterday i took some scissors and cut out the same amount of whiskers on the other side. I guess its more for my conscious than anything, cause it really didnt do anything lol. I think I will buy a drop rest instead of another biscuit tho, and maybe try out some FOBs aswell :tongue:

· Registered
3,928 Posts
It is probably fine, but if you are feeling uncertain about it than replace it. I think feeling all of your equipment is in working order is very important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.