Archery Talk Forum banner

When is the best time to get a treestand(climber)

3295 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BOHO
I was just wondering when is the best time to get a climbing treestand?
Any help i would really appreciate it.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14,752 Posts
when there on sale maybe! :noidea:

TTT for ya

· Registered
10,048 Posts
if you have a dicks sporting goods close to you, check them out after the new year. I was in one in KC a few years back and they had summit viper's for $130, half off. Cannot beat that.

· Registered
431 Posts
End of the season is the best time. Walmart will start putting them on sale in my parts at the end of November, and they'll keep marking them down every week until they either sell them all, or get to a point where they meet a stock goal and then pull them. It's rolling the dice as you're never quite sure if they are going to pull them or not.

A couple years ago I got a Gorilla climber (normally $100) for $40. Got an Ameristep outhouse blind for $25. Got a bunch of misc. stuff like string wax, fletch glue, scentfree soap, etc. all for a huge discount - way more than 50% off.

It's at the point that unless I absolutely need something for this season, I won't buy anything until after the season.

Also, keep an eye on the bargain cave at Cabela's, Dick's, Dunham's (if you have one in your area), Gander Mountain, etc.

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
places run sales before season as well. I try to get mine out and spray it down and leave it outside for a couple days before I go hunting. Once season opens though I just spray it down a couple times a week. It has enough mud and stuff on it to help the scent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.