Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going hunting in W.VA.and just like some info when would be the best time to go.The area that i would be hunting is in Logan Co.Went last year and hunted the 2nd wk. in nov.It was pretty good. Just like info if that would be a good time to go again.You canPM or reply here
Thanks BP

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depending on how long you have to hunt I would be here around the 9th of Nov and try to stay until at least the 18th. That has always been my favorite time to be in the woods. Depending on the property you plan to hunt you can expect more hunter traffic on the 17th and 18th due to the fact our rifle season starts on the 20th and everyone will be out for some scouting and getting in a little bowhunting before gun season starts. Also depending on your location you may hear a lot of gunfire on the 17 and 18 because for some reason some of these hunters wait until the day before season to sight in their guns.

Good luck and have a safe season!

·
Registered
142 Posts
WVBOHNTR said:
Depending on how long you have to hunt I would be here around the 9th of Nov and try to stay until at least the 18th. That has always been my favorite time to be in the woods. Depending on the property you plan to hunt you can expect more hunter traffic on the 17th and 18th due to the fact our rifle season starts on the 20th and everyone will be out for some scouting and getting in a little bowhunting before gun season starts. Also depending on your location you may hear a lot of gunfire on the 17 and 18 because for some reason some of these hunters wait until the day before season to sight in their guns.

Good luck and have a safe season!
Good dates here, but I personally like the last week of Oct thru the 2nd full week of november(around the 15th) -- some years it goes a little later -- but this year I wouldn't miss the first or second week in november -- moon phases are hitting so that the peek should be between the 8/9th til the 17/18th

wvhuntinnut

1 - 3 of 3 Posts