Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the cover on my Super Duper a couple of months ago and I am getting some pass through now. I did nothing other than put the plastic bag and cover over the target. Do you take the material out and restuff or what do you do? I do leave my target out in the weather.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
In the shot out places, I use great stuff expanding foam and fill the soft spots. I also leave the old cover on and put the new cover on from the opposite end so the target spots don't match up with the old ones. I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Before I made a carpet target, I re-covered my bag target several times. Before putting on the new cover, I laid it down and stomped on it a bit to rearrange the stuffing material. To get it in the new cover, I put the the target guts in a 55 gal plastic trash bag and used a shop vac to suck out all the air. With the shop vac running, it sucks it down so it is easy to pound into shape and slip into the new cover. A piece of burlap (got mine out of the old target stuffing) over the end of the vacuum nozzle will keep any small stuff or plastic from sealing the end of the hose while you are working on it.

Go

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
You should take it out and re-stuff because the material has received too many arrows in that same position for a new cover, alone, to be effective.
You can use some of the old material plus add a few old rags, sponges, or clothing to the mix.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,211 Posts
I have the big range bag not the smaller one. I stomp the heck out of mine in every direction then turn it upside down and put the new cover on so the target is rotated top to bottom.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Before I made a carpet target, I re-covered my bag target several times. Before putting on the new cover, I laid it down and stomped on it a bit to rearrange the stuffing material. To get it in the new cover, I put the the target guts in a 55 gal plastic trash bag and used a shop vac to suck out all the air. With the shop vac running, it sucks it down so it is easy to pound into shape and slip into the new cover. A piece of burlap (got mine out of the old target stuffing) over the end of the vacuum nozzle will keep any small stuff or plastic from sealing the end of the hose while you are working on it.

Go
Genius!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts