Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to throw the fertilizer out the same day I plant or wait a week or two, then come back and fertilize?

·
hunter
8,143 Posts
Granular fertilizer normally is put down prior to planting and lightly scuffed into the dirt. It can go on several days or longer in advance of planting day. If you are broadcasting your seed, you can put the fert down at the same time, and scuff it all under at once. If you are using liquid fertilizers, they can be sprayed onto emerging plants. It is not really a good plan to put granular fert down after planting and just leave it lay on top of the dirt. Good luck.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Add fertilizer just before planting. For brassicas I use a balanced fertilzer at planting and then add a shot of N (urea 34-0-0) 3 to 4 weeks after germination.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You should fertilize whenever it's convenient for you. There are lots of theories.
It's nice to fertilizer, disk it into the ground (like in mixing it in), and then plant.
But, I don't do it. I have enough to do. I seed and then I fertilizer. Broadcast it all and let Mother Nature take care of the rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts