Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you replace your strings? What are the signs to look for besides the super obvious breaking and tears? My 4 month old contender elite is getting a little frayed just below the nocking point and i am waxing it every 30 shots or so. Not sure if it needs replaced really but wanted to hear what everyone does as far as how often you need new strings.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
My bow string frys bad there too. Some one suggested i was hitting a shirt sleeve.
Mayb u could post a picture and get a good answere. I pay more attention to it where it goes through the cable slide.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take a pic when it shows again. Its all waxed now. I think its hitting mu armgaurd. At least it was until i adjusted my grip angle.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It realy depends on how much you shoot and also if you have cut ANY of the strings. Once you cut one or frayed one bad you should replace it. Do not take chances with your strings! If in dought change them. I change mine once a year but I shoot a LOT! Some have thiers on for years without trouble. When one stand looks like it is frayed to the point of half way through. It is time to replace them! Just my advice and sure you will here other opinions!!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
It is weird you are having to wax it so often. That would bug the heck out of me. Look for peep rotation and a change in your DL. I shoot alot and so far have replaced them about once a year. I am putting around 500 shots a week on mine.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is weird you are having to wax it so often. That would bug the heck out of me. Look for peep rotation and a change in your DL. I shoot alot and so far have replaced them about once a year. I am putting around 500 shots a week on mine.
I do 100-300 shots daily. Peep is always straight, DL is perfect. I doubt its stretched. Just fraying below the nocking point. I will get pics once it happens again. It is annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts