Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been addressed but for my benefit, what are the rules for using a press both for operator safety and the well being of the bow?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
what kind of press?? and if its a hoyt bow ,you should back off on the limb bolts 3 to 5 turns if it's maxed out.hoyt bows need to be presed in the limb pockets and most other bows should be pressed near the limb pockets ,it all depends on which bow your gonna press. hope this was some help.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Do not press on the riser!

As far as backing out the limb bolts, I can see no reason to do so (other than because the manufacturer says to.) as long as you are using a press that only applies pressure to the limbs.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
ScottNC said:
what are the rules for using a press both for operator safety and the well being of the bow?
Thanks!
Only an idiot WOULDN'T ask that question.

I use a press on my seven bows, my daughters, and friends, all through the year. Always take a close look at what you've done, check that the cables are properly seated, and never rush the operation. I usually compress the limbs just enough to get the job done, less is more with these tools.

The "pucker factor" on your first error will keep you alert for months. It will happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts