Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread asking about archery injury photos, to which several people responded. The thread is nowhere to be found, and it doesn't show as one I ever started. I would have saved the photos if I had known this would happen...:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
I had one of mine go bye bye today as well......... must be something in the water :wink:

Trying using the advanced search option, type in your user name....... it might show there, mine did.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Remember the golden rule of ArcheryTalk.com... Treat each post as if your 10 year old daughter was going to read it.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
bowsmith said:
Remember the golden rule of ArcheryTalk.com... Treat each post as if your 10 year old daughter was going to read it.
I would want my 10 year old daughter to understand WHY you should check your carbon arrows and what can happen when you don't. I think a lot of kids don't realize that their parents aren't just preaching saftey just to get on to them... there is a reason. I personally wouldn't have a problem with MY daughter seeing those pics, because I would explain how/why accidents like that happen. So to that effect I disagree with the removal of the pics, not that anyone CARES what I think. :zip:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Bellows1 said:
Those photos are not appropriate for AT.

It was removed.

Bellows1 Moderator
Bellows, I pulled those pics from other threads here on AT.... so you might want to do some searchs if you really want to enforce that.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Hemingway said:
Bellows, I pulled those pics from other threads here on AT.... so you might want to do some searchs if you really want to enforce that.

Thank ya Boss, I don't catch them all. :) They have been posted and removed several times.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hemingway said:
Would you mind emailing them to me? PM me if you don't mind and I will give you my email address. Anybody else that posted photos, please do the same. I lead a group of boys at my church and archery is one of the things we do as an activity. While not suitable for every kid, these boys have seen deer field dressed, etc and I think several of the photos are a great way to show them that accidents can happen if you let your guard down for even an instant.

I apologize if the photos caused any problems for anybody.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
If you ask nice enough

Beehaw said:
I started a thread asking about archery injury photos, to which several people responded. The thread is nowhere to be found, and it doesn't show as one I ever started. I would have saved the photos if I had known this would happen...:confused:
I'm sure Hemingway could send them to ya.:wink:

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I love how grAphic pictures of the dangers of our sport are to much for our daughters to read, yet all the drinking references, and post a hottie photo threads, are ok:confused:

I couldnt let my childeren brows this site just because the entire thing is adult in nature.

Got to love selective sensorship...:cocktail: :cocktail: :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

:pukey:

bowsmith said:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Hemingway said:
I would want my 10 year old daughter to understand WHY you should check your carbon arrows and what can happen when you don't. I think a lot of kids don't realize that their parents aren't just preaching saftey just to get on to them... there is a reason. I personally wouldn't have a problem with MY daughter seeing those pics, because I would explain how/why accidents like that happen. So to that effect I disagree with the removal of the pics, not that anyone CARES what I think. :zip:
Not that my opinion matters and its rare that Hemingway and I agree on something but I couldnt agree more with him!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
ultramax said:
Not that my opinion matters and its rare that Hemingway and I agree on something but I couldnt agree more with him!
:) :thumbs_up

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
hey, would someone send me the pics also?? im starting an archery club at my school and i would like to show them what can happen if you are not careful.

thanx!!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Beehaw said:
Would you mind emailing them to me? PM me if you don't mind and I will give you my email address. Anybody else that posted photos, please do the same. I lead a group of boys at my church and archery is one of the things we do as an activity. While not suitable for every kid, these boys have seen deer field dressed, etc and I think several of the photos are a great way to show them that accidents can happen if you let your guard down for even an instant.

I apologize if the photos caused any problems for anybody.
Sent you a PM...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Mexican 3D said:
hey, would someone send me the pics also?? im starting an archery club at my school and i would like to show them what can happen if you are not careful.

thanx!!
PM me with your e-mail...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts