Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month or so I've been watching the turkey almost every morning walk through my backyard and field. At times it seemed a new flock or just a few were going through at all times of the day morning till night. Over the past week I have not seen a single bird. I walked back into my woods last night trying to locate a roost and managed to call in two coyotes with my crow call. Has anyone else noticed the turkeys dissapearing?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Seems like the thunder chickens over here in Washington got the memo that huntin season opened up! They are being tough to locate here as well. Good luck to ya. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
chasing tail
they have gone back to summer habits and left where they have been eaten all winter

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Dispersal. There feeling the need............the need to breed. I get like that sometimes.:tongue:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've seen the same flock, 9 times out of 10 in the same field during my commute. I'm stopping by this afternoon to ask the landowner for permission to hunt. Yesterday, I saw 3 BIIIIG strutters in the flock and probably 30+ hens/jakes. However, our opener is Monday and I can't get out until the following Saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts