Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local shop is 99,9% hunting stuff. Its a great place, and I like the guy alot, but his clientels is hunting first!
Where do you buy your target stuff?

Bows, target sights etc...target arrows?
he says, "We can order it", but i like to see and touch before buying!

catalogs? websites?

Thanks!
PB

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I've had my best luck with lancaster, archeryexperts.com is pretty good as well, but they dont' carry quite as much pure target gear as lancaster does.

Todd

·
Registered
10,677 Posts

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
used to be LAS or stuff my old shop (where I was staff shooter). When that shop closed my wife and two friends started a pro shop and range-still get most of the stuff from LAS. We are a recurve oriented FITA style shop

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Local ProShop/Indoor Archery Range - Calgary Archery Center

If Al can't get it, it isn't to be got...

;)

-CG

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
http://www.altservices.co.uk/

I have had very good results with these guys in the UK. They have a great selection with good prices and they get things to me quicker than Cabelas in my own state.

Automan

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
F/S Archery has a good selection of target and hunting stuff, just yesterday i ordered some shafts from them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you know what you want have your local shop order it in. I do that where I buy my gear. That way you get what you need and still support your shop. Everybody wins.

·
Registered
984 Posts
No reason to not go through your local shop. They can order anything you need, except a target bow that they aren't a dealer for. Then you can get the same level of service you expect from your local dealer. Any problems and he'll take care of it. And, even though he probably doesn't sell a ton of it, he probably has a lot more experience with the target gear then you do. Setup is usually a breeze for an experienced shop owner, even if his experience is mostly hunting stuff. He will also have direct access to many in the industry that can help with any difficult questions or problems that pop up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Target bows we generally purchase thru the lone archery dealer here... Benel Industries. Plus we do take a look at the limited archery stuff that he has. Better for us to purchase from him because of the warranty aspects. Had 2 releases repaired for my brother at a minimal fee. He carries Beiter, Sure-Loc, recurve bows (lower grade models),limited Easton arrows, nocks,etc... and is an authorized dealer for Merlin, PSE, Mathews and Martin bows. Generally, Benel doesn't stock target bows so we'd have to place our order and wait for about 2-3 months for delivery, assuming there's no backlog there in the States.Other needs are then purchased from Lancaster Archery (what a great 2003-2004 colored catalog they have) thru the internet, which are basically sent to relatives there in the USA and then sent to us here in the Philippines. We've also ordered from Alternative in England covering Beiter (those not served by Benel. We have our plastic lenses done by the Optical shop here for only $10 !!! ), Kudlachek stabilizers and target faces, including the waterproof ones. Great service by Alternative!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its not that I won't order from my shop, I just want to see what's out there!

I see you all talking about certain sights or arrows or bows, and I want to be able to see them or compare prices. I think the world of my local guy, I just want to educate myself about target archery and do so without ordering first!

My recent posts about releases are a good example. He gave me one side of the advice and others gave me more!

He does a great job and I trust him completely, even if he gets very animated about things and opinionated about everything!

PB

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
We have a pretty good selection of target archery equipment on our online store. Great prices too. Just click the link in my signature

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just placed an order with Lancasters for about $300 a day or two ago, a lot of misc. stuff. Lots of nocks, vanes, glue, weights, etc. Most of these items would be twice as much at my local pro shop. I understand supporting the local shop, but when they jack up prices by by as much as 100% as Lancasters, I draw the line. Too many examples to list. And since 99% of the equipment is hunting related, and they don't support me, why should I support me. I can make a phone call to Lancasters from the comfort of my home and not have to drive an hour to the shop to do the same thing for much more.

Bad enough when I mention time for a new bow. I can see the money sweat beads forming when I mention new bow.

joe

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lancaster and Eagle Archery are the ones I use.
Eagle archery has good prices plus free shipping....

·
Registered
704 Posts
I usually try to find the stuff locally first because anyone that is in the archery business that will help out when you need him, needs to be kept employed. It is a feeling worse that your wife leaving when you roll up to a shop you like and see a for lease sign in the window.

Lancasters does have a great selection. If you ever want to go on a heavenly vacation, try a summer trip to Lancaster PA with the family to enjoy one of the best kept secrets in the world. You can always go through Intercourse so you can tell everyone you have been there also. Anyway you will just happen to be driving along and "hey look at this, I didn't know Lancaster Archery was here..as long as we are here, I just have to stop in".:D :D You can order from the catalog and find all the target accessories you might need...but not all that are manufactured. Sometimes you just have to surf the web.

I also like 3D shoots dot com. That Chris is a nice fella and he does have some great target stuff at really great prices. If it is price you need a break on, he usually is the one to do it. If you don't see it, call him up because he might order it.

Kinsey's in Mt Joy, PA is a little ways from Lancasters, but is also stocked with target equipment. They don't have a catalog but you can call the retail store and buy over the phone.

In North Alabama I find that Custom Archery in Huntsville has a business centered around target archery and George would do all he can to help find target equipment. They have some in stock also.

The store that I use in North Alabama is Twelve Ring Archery in Athens, Alabama. Heith Clark is one of the best shop owners I have ever met and he tries to stock as much target accessories as he can. Like most places, hunting pays the bills but he does keep up with target archers. He has an indoor range and has a 3D range also so you know he loves target archery.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts