Archery Talk Forum banner

Where do you keep your pack....

1749 Views 34 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  Hespler
...Where do you keep your pack when your on stand? Last year i tried to use one for the first time and it was a disaster....Made me stay away from packs but it seems like i have so much stuff that its a must to have one. I have a bow hanger but im afraid with the weight of the pack and bow it wouldn't work....
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
I cut off a strong limb beside me or use a tree step or the last rung of my climbing sticks. Usually I have steps higher than my seat. Makes getting in and out easier and also gives you something to hang your gear on. I try and keep it tight to the tree so the pack looks like part of the tree.

· Obsession Bows
5,787 Posts
I use a longer hanger like the ez hanger to hang my bow on and one of the short ones that are a dollar at wal-mart to hang my pack on. It keeps the pack close to the tree and out of the way as you can screw it in alittle behind your stand.

· Registered
206 Posts
I use a longer hanger like the ez hanger to hang my bow on and one of the short ones that are a dollar at wal-mart to hang my pack on. It keeps the pack close to the tree and out of the way as you can screw it in alittle behind your stand.
X-2...if you are right handed hang it on the right side of your stand with the hook about seat height. Works for me. Good luck !!!

· Registered
1,523 Posts
I cut off a strong limb beside me or use a tree step or the last rung of my climbing sticks. Usually I have steps higher than my seat. Makes getting in and out easier and also gives you something to hang your gear on. I try and keep it tight to the tree so the pack looks like part of the tree.
This is what I do as well.

· Back down to ground level
18,557 Posts
Cut off limb or hook, sometimes jamb in a crotch. If I just have the fannypack, I snap it around trunk or limb. I keep them up as high as possible for scent control, and around back of tree so they are out of the way no matter which way I have to shoot.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
From Bass Pro you can get a web type strap with quick disconnect clip and has 4 or 5 hooks on it. You just put it around the tree, clip it together and slide the hooks around the tree where you want them. I keep a couple in my pack all time. I promise they will hold all you can get in a pack.

· One bubble off...
3,839 Posts
I hook my fanny pack to the arm rail of my stand (climber and ladders) by using the small strap on the top part of the pack. This way, I can leave the pack open while it is hanging and reach everything I need with minimal movement.

· Registered
30,672 Posts
I used a screw in bow holder for many years, but have switched to the three-prong style I call a "turkey foot". They are much more sturdy than a normal screw in holder and also have extra "toes" for other gear if needed. I prefer a hip quiver over a bow quiver and have learned the proper height to set the turkey foot so my quiver hangs right where I want it for easy access to another arrow. Walmart sells the turkey foot type hangers in the fall at the best price I have seen, so I buy a few each year for a stockpile.

· Registered
4,055 Posts
I use one of those $1 screw in bow hangers; they work perfectly. The only issue I've ever had is sometimes I've forgotten them in the tree, which isn't terrible since they're only $1.

David

· Registered
557 Posts
i do this also but i have about four short walmart bow hooks for camera bag, pack, calls, rattle, ect...

· Registered
2,033 Posts
I usually try to cut a limb of a little long and hang it there, otherwise I use the last step on the sticks. I like it lower so it's out of the way of any possible shots.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.