Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From where do you purchase your equipment needs, and if I may ask, why?

·
Registered
653 Posts
If my local Pro-Shop has it I buy from them. They get first crack at my money. BUT..... if it has to be ordered I'll go through Lancaster or the manufacturer, depending. Perfect example: I just bought an Insatiable 2 direct from Carter. The local shop does not have them, and Lancaster does not have them with heavy springs, so I called Carter and got it direct. Carter told me that they are back ordered 3-4 weeks (8 weeks human time) and that's OK by me. My local Pro Shop sometimes "forgets" to tell me these things. Did I pay more this way? Yep, I did, but I got what I wanted and hopefully straight information about it. I also got 10 feet of Carters release rope, which is IMHO the best on the market and impossible to find locally.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Mail order from my (allegedly) local pro-shop. When I have to drive about three hours to get there, I don't consider it local. I call and they put it in the mail.

Of late, however, I've been leaning towards the classifieds right here...:)

·
74,535 Posts
MY local dealer first. Best deal being shop shooter for me.

On line I recommend Lancasters to most here. I usally shop threw bojackson.com links and try to buy direct.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
From the shop I shoot for, Fairfield Outdoors in Lancaster, Ohio and if they don't have it I buy from Neils Archery, Lancaster Archery, online, ebay anywhere I can find it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
For most of my target needs, the shops around here do not carry...it's Lancaster for me.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE,LANCASTER ARCHERY.GREAT PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.IF HAVE NEVER DELT WITH THEM LOOK THEM UP.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Pinwheel Products is No.1 for me!

L-Roy,

I purchased almost everything I bought last year from Kevin (Pinwheel 12) at www.pinwheelproducts.com
His service is the best available,imo.
He even special ordered a BuckShot tree stand for me last year that no local shop was able to get for me and had it to my door in less than a week!
If you want a Merlin bow, you can't do better than to order from Kevin.
If he doesn't stock a certain item, he can usually get it for you in no time at all.
Some guys complain because he doesn't have pics of products on his site but there are websites available with pics of almost all products anyway.
His prices are as good as any and better than most.
He responds to emails quicker than anyone I know and is great to work with. His staff is among the best also.
His service is "simply the best".

Sag.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I try to buy from local area archery shops.

Hope Valley Archery,

Tangy's

Fin and Feather Lodge.

A lot of the stuff I buy is used and I get it here in the classifieds or on Ebay. I look at Lancaster's catalog a lot but have never ordered from them. I don't know the owners and they can't give me any help or advice if I need it. Their prices on the average are not much lower than the local shops either when one adds UPS charges.

Rick

·
Registered
14 Posts
EQUIPMENT

I am new to this page. I live outside of erie in pennsylvania, I run the archery dept. for a small sporting goods store. I have access to just about everything on the market and i ship ups out of my shop everyday. If there's ever anything i can help anyone with just shoot me a pm or call my shop

ELK CREEK SPORT
10543 OLD LAKE RD
LAKE CITY PA 16423

·
Registered
14 Posts
EQUIPMENT

I am new to this page. I live outside of erie in pennsylvania, I run the archery dept. for a small sporting goods store. I have access to just about everything on the market and i ship ups out of my shop everyday. If there's ever anything i can help anyone with just shoot me a pm or call my shop

ELK CREEK SPORT
10543 OLD LAKE RD
LAKE CITY PA 16423

·
Registered
38 Posts
I buy from my local pro shop "ARCHERS OBSESSION" my brother in law owns it,:D :p

{KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE}:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts