Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to hunt kansas this spring to tag a rio bird and coming from WEST VIRGINIA. Looking for some help with land and advice of where to hunt. Any help is much appreciated. Looking to camp out or rent cabin at the right price I am a wildlife biologist in wv, veteran, and very respectfull to the land/others.

Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Not much help with specifics, but stick to the western half of the state. If you're looking to go far west, I would get your application for a unit 4 tag put in asap (closes feb 15).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at unit 1,2. I am looking for reviews and information where to begin.( counties, roads, even willing to barter for access.) Are people friendly to hunters like I have seen in other western states. Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looking at unit 1,2. I am looking for reviews and information where to begin.( counties, roads, even willing to barter for access.) Are people friendly to hunters like I have seen in other western states. Thanks
People are pretty nice when it comes to getting access to hunt turkeys in Kansas in my experience. Not so much with deer though. Cant blame em.

·
Registered
19,581 Posts
Lots of farmers around will let you hunt turkeys. Many around here hate the things

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great thanks looking at Jewell and smith county. Any suggestions? Anyone on here from That area? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Great thanks looking at Jewell and smith county. Any suggestions? Anyone on here from That area? Thanks!
Don't pay for access for sure. No one likes them out there.

Find creek bottom, find turkeys, take day off, fill 2 tags. They really are dumber than rocks.

·
Cummins Power
2,405 Posts
You could also try public hunting at Wilson Lake or hit up some Walk-in Hunting Areas.... there is absolutely no reason to pay for access to hunt Rio's in Kansas...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts