Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper distance from the tip of the arrow that the arrow should balance. I shoot Easton 2216, 4 inch vanes fletched rh helical, and 100gr points. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're referring to "front of center" point. So, to explain - The general rule of thumb for optimum performance is to have your arrow balance between 12 - 15% (linear distance) from the center (linear length) of your arrow. This is the simplest method. Start by measuring the total length of your arrow from the throat of the nock to the tip of the point. Then mark the arrow at the midpoint (i.e. mark a 30" arrow at 15"). Then balance the arrow on something like a knifeblade and mark it again. Then measure the distance between the points. This will usually be between 3 and 5". Now, divide that number by the total length number and you will get a percentage. If you are between 12 and 15 you are in the acceptable range. For precision archers, this is just the starting point. Fine tuning is done by arrow length, tip weigth, vane weight, blah blah blah. At this time, stick with changing the weight of your point. Note: Heavier tip = higher %. The arrow you described sounds to be ok, but experimenting is always fun.

JL

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oops:

You are shooting 2216 alu's. Recommended FOC for aluminiums is 7-9%.

Opa

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gold tip

Go on Gold tips websight they have a neat tool that you can use to tell you where your at.FOC chart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts