Archery Talk Forum banner

Where to buy cam bearings for TRX

3917 Views 27 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Tanmancool
I can find 2 out of the 3 Cam bearings for the new TRX cams. Looking for the 3rd. It is 5/8 od and 1/4 id. But the inner ring is twice as long as the outer ring @ .300 . Does anyone know where to purchase these from OTHER than CHINA?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,692 Posts
Anyone tried these?
Specs from the site.
Bearing Size: R4
Dimension (d): 1/4"
Dimension (D): 5/8"
Dimension (B): 0.196"
Dynamic Load Rating: 360 LBS
Static Load Rating: 150 LBS
Limiting Speed (Grease): 43000 RPM
Limiting Speed (OIL): 36000 RPM
Weight: 0.009 LBS

I had bought the chinese QBBC R4-2RS replacements from amazon for my last bow and they didnt seem like an upgrade only replacement and felt a bit catchy after a few months of daily shooting. Couldn't find any specs on the chinese bearings via google only someone answering questions on amazon and the static load is supposedly 131lbs and dynamic load is 333lbs. Not sure if I trust those numbers but could be true. If true the bearings in the link have higher load rating, but not by much, and are made in America(AXIS bearings) so hopefully better quality. I will order some and report back. My new (used) vxr's bearings feel kind of catchy.

· Registered
39 Posts
Here was my solution since mine also went bad. I have an Trx38 gen2 with C3X cams and I didn’t feel like buying two new cams or going to a dealer. I nocked out the old bearings and used the inner race of one of the old bearings as a spacer. The bearings on all Mathews are the same .25id .625 od and .195 width. That weird bearing with the extended inner race must be a custom Mathews thing. But that long inner race is 51/128 wide. And that happens to be the exact width of two bearings. (25/128). The only downside to this is it’s a pain to put the cam back on while trying to line up that spacer. I suspect that’s why Mathews had it built in. At first I thought it was structural but the axle is 1/4 solid steel. I doubt that little bit of extra bearing race helps with any flex of the axle. And it doesn’t keep the cam any straighter either.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset Sports equipment Bicycle handlebar

Wood Automotive tire Grey Audio equipment Jewellery

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle part Wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
Prime Staff Shooter
1,655 Posts
Just remember that replacing the bearings yourself, with aftermarket ones especially, will void any warranty you had on the bow. This means that any mechanical failure you may have down the road will not be covered by Mathews.

· Registered
VXR31.5 / Stan Perfex / Hamskea HHP / Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL / Sirius Apollo / Tuffhead
629 Posts
I bought from Motion. Any bearing house should have something that will fit. Be sure to ask for a quality brand - probably made in Germany, Japan or Sweden.

· Registered
39 Posts
Update, I found a spacer on eBay that is the exact dimensions needed. It’s black anodized aluminum and it’s the exact same outer diameter of the tophat. Looks pro 3/8od 1/4id and 3/16ths inches long. I also got these bearings with blue seals on ebay. They’re good quality.
Since there are three bearings in a row in the cam, I removed all the bearing seals except for the two outermost ones. No need to have the others inside creating drag.
Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

1 - 20 of 28 Posts