Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Hoyt dealers sell over the internet? My local Hoyt dealer has his bows marked 60 dollars higer than anyone else I've seen.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Hoyts are a proshop only item. A dealer could loose his dealership with Hoyt by doing this.........

·
Registered
756 Posts
Internet Hoyts:

As I have been advised, a new Hoyt purchased from a dealer over the internet will not have a warranty. Since Hoyt offers a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser this would be a considerable loss

If a dealer is caught selling bows by mail or over the internet they will loose their Hoyt dealership.

Anybody still looking for cheap Hoyt bows.:p

Alaska Sam:D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Whiskey,what's your location?
I bought my new razortec today for $60 cheaper than every other Hoyt dealer around here.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Hoyt dealers also have a MINIMUM price they are allowed to charge for some...or maby all of their bows, if they get caught trying to undersell they get their butts in a sling too, so expect baargain basement prices unless you have a dealer that is tempting fate......

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
minimum price?

I agree completely that Hoyt Dealers cannot sell via internet.

As far as minimum pricing? That would be price fixing. That is a violation of federal law.

Granted, any dealer that sells a Razortec for much less than 599.00 will not last for long. Contrary to what some people think, there is not a huge mark up on bows.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We cannot sell via internet or mail order, we also cannot advertise prices. As for minimum prices, there's no such thing. If we want to make $5 on a bow, thats fine. We'll be filling bankruptcy shortly after. By the way support your local bow shops, when was the last time cabela's properly set up a bow specifically for you?

Alfredo

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bad mistake!

Like alska sam said that's the way it is.
I wouldn't take the chance and mess up the warrenty or the dealers agreement with Hoyt.

ARCHERY IS FUN, SO BRING IT ON!!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this sucks

I really want to buy from a local dealer. I guess I will just have to drive 60 to 100 miles to do it. :( The guy that owns my local shop is a nice guy and I don't want to take my business elsewhere, but I just hate to pay an extra 60 bucks for local service. He is the only bow shop in a large enough city and he has everything priced higher than a cat's butt.

I guess I will bite the bullet and pay the extra if I can't find a dealer ( within 70 miles) that has what I want in stock.

If money weren't a factor then I wouldn't have a problem, but on my budget every dollar counts and the 60 bucks extra I would have to pay on the bow might mean 60 dollars in accesories I 'll have to pass on.

I have contacted a couple of on-line dealers and they offered to sell me a bow, but didn't have what I wanted in stock. Now that I know that is not the right thing for them to do, I won't buy off the net.

Maybe I can bluff the guy enough to get him down oh his price:)

Thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree that Hoyt Dealers aren't allowed to sell over the net.

I also agree that Hoyt doesn't price fix,BUT there are a lot of archery related companies that do this and I would personally like to see everyone of them put out of buisness and prosecuted.

It isn't just archery companies that pull this crap and we,the consumer are the ones that are getting hurt.More ways than one.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I talked to Hoyt customer service on friday, 7/11/03,about this very subject and was told it only pertained to the current model year. Someone else could talk to customer service and get an entirely different response as it has happened on other subjects before. Just THO...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It is not against the law for a company to set the minimum price to get for an item. It is illegal for a number of companies to get together and fix prices to control the market for a product.

As for getting low prices via mailorder, some Hoyt dealers will sell used bows at a good price mail order. You don't get the warrantee, but you are getting a good deal and if the dealer is reputable you will get a warantee from the dealer. If it is truly a defect then Hoyt will likely fix the bow anyway.

As an example of this, Hoyt has replaced several Avalon risers that have cracked even though the owner wasn't the original owner or the original warantee had expired.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts