Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the preliminary stage of planning my first African Safari. Heck, I"ve never even been on a plane before. I think the Nyala has to be at the top of my list. I know it is one of the tougher species to hunt. Which area in south africa is the best for these beautiful animals?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Surely there are many places to go and you will get some good info here.

Myself, I can recommend the Bhejane Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape Province.

Next to a beautiful hunting area they run a (very natural kind of) breeding program for Nyala. There are always big bulls roaming through the bush and the hills of this place.

www.bhejane.co.za

DB

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Hands down the best destination in the entire South Africa is www.daretobowhunt.com

Send Lammie an email, tell him I reffered you.

All the best,

Engee Potgieter

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nyala=Zululand

If you want the 'best' chance at big bulls and see lots of them in their natural environment, then there is NO question that Zululand is your destination.It is very possible to find Nyala is ANY area in South Africa (lately) since alot of game auctions offer them and they adapt very well, even in the very dry areas like the Kalahari.For me, I try to hunt animals within their natural habitat, not always possible, but I try.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hunted with Lammie at Dare to Bowhunt this past summer and although I was not hunting nyala I had the chance to see many. He has an outstanding number of them and many are exceptional trophies.

Get in touch with him and I am sure you will not be disapointed. They do a great job.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
You want big Nyala...?

How is this for ya?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hey Engee, this is a Nyala with Kudu horns !!!
Great animal, wow !!

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Wow, this is why Nyala is om the top of my list.
I totally agree, they are arguably the most attractive antelope in Africa. Just got home after dropping off four new bulls on the property that have been darted and relocated. Measured lengths are as follow:

30.5"
29.25"
29"
27.75"

Adding even more incredible bulls to the already spectacular gene pool at Dare To Bowhunt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts