Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the feburary council meeting it was announced to be in Louisville March 9 & 10 2010. This past week end, said no contract signed for Louisville, They want more $$$. Proposed back for same as this year or two month delay so as to find new site........maybe Yankton........Any body heard anything?

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Spoke with one Director who seemed very certain 2010 would be in Louisville....sounded certain enough that it may even be contractually returning there. After that, open to bids with several cities interested....many not centrally located in the US I might add (VA, TX, CO, KS).

Just what I heard anyway......:)

>>------->

· Registered
919 Posts
At the feburary council meeting it was announced to be in Louisville March 9 & 10 2010. This past week end, said no contract signed for Louisville, They want more $$$. Proposed back for same as this year or two month delay so as to find new site........maybe Yankton........Any body heard anything?
yankton would be great so that I could sleep in my own bed and not have to take much time off work.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
yankton would be great so that I could sleep in my own bed and not have to take much time off work.

That way attendance can be down even more???? If the NFAA keeps trying to put everything in Yankton its gonna get bad!

· Time for Spots to die
2,096 Posts
I think that Denver, or even Dallas would be good choices. They have large airports, and must have convention areas with hotels close.

I would not mind going to KC area.

Arrow

· M4L
2,257 Posts
Fmoss3, Frank where did you hear this??? I was part of the meeting and havn't heard anything as of yet.?? If you would like to PM me so no one get in the hot seat. Thank You

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
I heard from what I consider a reliable source Nats will be in Louisville 2010 and is going to be considered there for 4 more years

· M4L
2,257 Posts
MOPARLVR4406, same for you as for fmoss3, who is your source? pm me I am just currious. I might even be able to confirm the info.

· Registered
919 Posts
That way attendance can be down even more???? If the NFAA keeps trying to put everything in Yankton its gonna get bad!
please don't beat me up over this comment because I am new to all of this, but if the National NFAA headquarters are in Yankton then why would it not be logical to have the NFAA nationals at the national headquaters? I would say it is a touch more centally located than Louisville albeit not near as entertaining if you aren't shooting.

Disregard the fact that the building isn't big enough for the indoor nationals.

· Registered
381 Posts
some people think central is between new york and the mississippi river anything west of the does not count!

· M4L
2,257 Posts
Richard glade to see you got home, I have only one question who gave me this darn cold??? Mark my words I will make the clicker work and congradulations on your Silver Bowl. You had better plan on coming to NM for the Outdoor Sectionals or i will take back all of the good things I have said about you..

· Registered
2,106 Posts
please don't beat me up over this comment because I am new to all of this, but if the National NFAA headquarters are in Yankton then why would it not be logical to have the NFAA nationals at the national headquaters? I would say it is a touch more centally located than Louisville albeit not near as entertaining if you aren't shooting.

Disregard the fact that the building isn't big enough for the indoor nationals.
Logical??? i check into a flight into Yankton. oh wait its in the middle of pretty much????????Why do you think VEGAS does so well? because people LOVE to shoot that face? having a archery shoot where there is nothing else to do but archery (although those go-carts where pretty bad arse) does not make people want to attend anymore.I hate to be the one to tell you this but................most everyone i talk to thats NOT FROM YANKTON pretty much hate Yankton.If Bruce continues this all Yankton NFAA run it will destroy NFAA archery.

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
MOPARLVR4406, same for you as for fmoss3, who is your source? pm me I am just currious. I might even be able to confirm the info.
PM SENT...please keep it private

· Registered
1,720 Posts
I would love to see it in KC or even in CO would be fine. Not that I dont love going to KY but man what a drive.

· Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bob,
Emailed you what I know.
As for Yankton........That will be the last place I would like to see the indoor.
No air service, no resturants, no social life.......just fields of corn and hay....oh yea plenty of that funny "ditch weed" that the outdoor ranges are full of.

· Registered
2,656 Posts
KC sucks, try not to get mugged going out to dinner...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.