599 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  WEEGEE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt Been hunting this property for a couple of seasons and need help

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Is that little birds eye view the only amount you get to hunt? It looks like there is water nearer the quarry and those are mostly woods. You see what looks like 8-9 cedar or otherwise evergreen trees, on each side there seems a little path(trail) they converge at the top and that is near what looks like a ridge of very heavy timber heading at an angle towards the quarry some bit aways. I would sit above the cedars about where they will create a pinch point just off that lone farm house. I doubt that any deer would cross much at the drive way and I think they would be going up that ridge.

So if it is the same pic I am looking at, Id say in the upper NW corner, trying to catch deer going up or by that ridge trying to get around that house. I just seems that with all the highways and roads that circle it, them woods and that thick ridge will be where all the deer are.

Kevin

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shotter

Thanks Ever time i come out of the woods the deer are playing in the field to the right i cant hunt that property i can hunt above and to the left of the drive way.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I would possibly try and get in that line of trees that seems to be the thickest. I would think that they would stick to the heavier cover with all the houses around. And travel those trees or on the edge of those thicker or bigger trees. Didn't know how much of that you got to hunt so that is also why I was just thinking those trees.
Good luck.

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
I can't give advise untill I have seen it with my own two eyes.
tracks,rubs,and scrapes food and cover areas.
book me in on the third week of DEC. and I'll place a stand site for you OK!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.