Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got permission to hunt my buddies land. I dont want to go in there and tell him how to hunt but the stands that he has are in the center of the property and it is way to hard to get to your stand without spooking everything for miles.

There are atv trails to walk on but they arent cleaned down to dirt. There is debris all over it.

The stands that he has are the blue colored circles and the yellow circles are where "I" would put them. That way you can walk in the field and stay out of the woods...

Let me know your thoughts...I know this isnt the best pic to give you the best idea but its all I could find.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
if he wants them where they are just take a rake to the trails quick so you wont be crunching your way around. It's a priveledge to hunt there I wouldnt go trying to change things right away. Some subtle encouragment will prob help but i wouldnt go telling him what needs to be done on his own land.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, im not trying to tell him what to do, just trying to point out other options. The property is about 20 acres of trees with about 4 miles of atv trails...that would be ALOT of raking...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't like when people hunt right on the property line. Knowing that you would shoot one over the line if it walked by. Have some respect and move of the lines. Maby Thats what he is doing.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
They all look good to me (both blue and yellow) except that yellow one on the lower left.

Ray

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
i don't like when people hunt right on the property line. Knowing that you would shoot one over the line if it walked by. Have some respect and move of the lines. Maby thats what he is doing.
right on striker31

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Would it help to ride a mountain bike in?

Ray

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I like the top right placement good for a NW wind. The bottom left might be ok when the crops are in. The top left would need to be hunted with a NE wind.
I would also have one in the middle of the property for very windy days. Bottom right is a good spot for NW wind also. I would put it more towards the middle of the timber finger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts