1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Plenty of time- no rush here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
15 hours in the stand so far, i got a P&Y opossum this morning haha. tried to come up my tree then saw me, took off running, i arrowed him at 27 yards.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over the boarder!

Man i'm just over the boarder in WV .Its killing me knowing you guys are already up a tree. Good Luck and lets see those pics.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nothing to report yet. Spent 8 hours on stand yesterday and getting ready to meet my buddy for an afternoon hunt by a bean field. Saw 3 yesterday (doe and 2 spotted fawns) and 17 turkeys. We'll see how it goes this afternoon. Hoping to take my nephew soon.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm huntin Henderson co. in western KY. Squirrels are wearing out the white oaks here. The weather has been good, highs around 80 lows around 60. I can't wait for the rut and some cold weather. Mosquitos will try and pack you off right now. Need to try a Thermocell or whatever that thing is called.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well right about now we're off to the woods.
I hunted yesterday afternoon, the only thing I saw was some trophy skeeters and a handful of small squirrels.

I'm hunting in Barren Co. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Went the whole morning in greenup county without seein a thing. But of course with my luck, we saw deer while we was driving to the huntin location and coming back from the location but not while we was in the field!:confused:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
muskie_man said:
Went the whole morning in greenup county without seein a thing. But of course with my luck, we saw deer while we was driving to the huntin location and coming back from the location but not while we was in the field!:confused:
Muskie Man the fish in your avatar wasnt caught in Cave Run Lake was it.That thing is a pigggggggggggggggg!

·
Registered
354 Posts
macweas said:
Muskie Man the fish in your avatar wasnt caught in Cave Run Lake was it.That thing is a pigggggggggggggggg!
yep it sure was. 53 incher 24 1/2 inch girth. In my mind without a doubt it was the new state record but i didnt want to kill it to get it weighed. i released it to fight again another day!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
State record

Have you seen the replica of the state record in Crashes Landing gas station.Man that makes me think twice before I go sking.

·
Registered
354 Posts
macweas said:
Have you seen the replica of the state record in Crashes Landing gas station.Man that makes me think twice before I go sking.
Yea. that thing is huge. For sure, there is some big time muskie in cave run. They are just a little bit harder to catch now with all the pressure that the cave sees.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cave run

Is there any WMA around the lake to hunt.I've seen some nice deer while camping there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
im hunting fleming and mason county

1 - 18 of 18 Posts