• Parker

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to the bow shop next week to get me a new bow and was wondering what ya'll think I should go with. I no everyone has there own opinion but it helps when people like ya'll have tried the bows out. The shop I go to has Mathews, Hoyt, PSE and Parker pretty much. Should I go with the new lineup like a maxxis or Z7 or should I go with a leftover like an Alphamax or Reezen. I have not shot any of the newer bows over the last couple of years so any advise will help.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Shoot-em all and whatever one feels better in your hand. The name does not matter at all. One bow that fits me very well may not fit you at all, Brand loyalty in bows is almost pointless.

·
wannabtradguy
15,318 Posts
cant beat the AM 35 from your choices. If you can I'd try and shoot an Athens before your purchase as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Alpine isn't up there. Plenty of smooth shooting fast bows they have as well, and the top notch customer service to boot.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Before you go and follow the crowd, try one of the New lines. My favorite of course is Athens, but some up and coming bows mfg are very interesting. Like Strothers, Elite, and Maitland. Step out of line from the box brands and at least give something new a look.

·
Registered
299 Posts
what bow

The one that feels best and shoots best for you. Nobody else is like you so you are the one that decides.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I'd shoot Strother, Hoyt Burner or PSE AXE 6 in that order

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,590 Posts
the best

available aren't on your list

·
Registered
215 Posts
shoot a few you have in mind and then choose.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Shoot them all...but DEFINITELY shoot the Z7 and Maxxis 35 :shade:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I own an am32 at 29" and a Z7 at 28.5"and I'm switching to a 28" on the Z7. They just seem long to me. I figured I would finally give in to my buddies pressure and try a Z7 but I'm not over joyed yet!!

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,179 Posts
I am heading to the bow shop next week to get me a new bow and was wondering what ya'll think I should go with. I no everyone has there own opinion but it helps when people like ya'll have tried the bows out. The shop I go to has Mathews, Hoyt, PSE and Parker pretty much. Should I go with the new lineup like a maxxis or Z7 or should I go with a leftover like an Alphamax or Reezen. I have not shot any of the newer bows over the last couple of years so any advise will help.
I would suggest you shoot them all. you will find something you like for sure. I had the maxxis but sold to go back to the alpha max. both are nice bows. and the z-7 is nice but to short for me.In the end you wright the check so you got to be happy with it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Shoot-em all and whatever one feels better in your hand. The name does not matter at all. One bow that fits me very well may not fit you at all, Brand loyalty in bows is almost pointless.
X2.

Dont rely on what other people think...shoot them and decide based on how they feel to YOU

1 - 20 of 45 Posts